Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venom Bites?

Red face Venom Bites?

So, I have quite a collection of piercings for my age, and I was wondering if I should get the double tongue piercing? I have three sets in my ears (the last set currently healing), spiderbites on the left (fully healed), right nose (still healing due to idiots with socks ripping piercings out of peoples' faces, although done almost a year ago), and two nipple piercings (one done just last week). It was my birthday recently and I was going to use the money for my tongue piercing because I know that if I don't do it now, I won't do it at all. Someone give me some motivation and reassurance as I have until Thursday to decide. I will post and let you guys know if I went through with it or not
    Any and all advice is appreciated!

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

If I were you I'd wait, the general rule is 3 healing in a 3 month period which your nose probably doesn't count into, but it sounds like it still needs some time, although I'd guess your lobes and nipple fall into that?
    Honestly, with those 3 still healing and a grumpy nostril I wouldn't be getting 2 more notoriously hard to settle stabbings done! A lot of people find they can be very hard piercings to get to settle down and personally my body would throw a right hissy fit if I tried to heal so much at once, and I know I'd just end up with grumpy, unhappy piercings everywhere. Pop the money away somewhere and hide it and get them done in 3 months or so?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Thank you very much :3 It seems like very good advice, and it's given me a lot to think about
    The only problem with trying to save or hide my money is that I'll either lose it or spend it! The problems of a compulsive spender :(
    Also, another perk of getting them done before I go back to college is that they'll have a few weeks for the swelling to go down, seeing as not being able to speak or eat properly in college might make me a bit of a laughing stock :( Although, while I'm in college I will be getting some spending money, so I could get them done during the holidays (as long as I remember to save up!)
    Either way, I'll let you know what happens, and I might post some pics of some of my other piercings

You could wait until the first holidays - I'm assuming in October? - and save up X amount of money each week as a present to yourself? PLUS it'll be holidays so you have some time to get through the swelling etc without it being as big of an issue - plus you can eat ALL THE ICE CREAM

Also, you'll be able to let your other piercings heal a little bit more, so you'll stand a better chance of having an easier ride healing which is always a good thing. But... good luck with them, whatever you decide to do :3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

It looks like my best option at the moment I'll consult with my piercer seeing as I'll be in town tomorrow anyway and see what he thinks. Hopefully the healing piercings will clear pretty fast (they're doing surprisingly well), giving the tongue piercings a better chance at healing
    Still desperate to go ahead with it (because I have a dentist appointment beforehand, hopefully the anesthetic will still be covering part of my tongue so it'll be easier to deal with) but funnily enough I have a pretty bad phobia of needles, so getting anything in my face is pretty daunting :/
    Again, I'll let you know what happens and what my piercer recommends I do

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

If you have a dentists appointment where you require anaesthetic I'd assume you're getting a filling or a tooth removed or something? To be honest that's just another reason to wait as it's another thing for your body to try and cope with all at once.
    (Also, I see you're in Wales, do you go to Chrome Inc? or are you in a different area?)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Yeah, it's a filling so hopefully it won't be too much strain. I'll see what Mikey thinks, he's usually very good at talking some sense into me (he was the reason I didn't get my third lobe set done a week after the second (also turns out third set is borderline cartilage)).
    And I'm in Carmarthen area so I go to Nobby's, there's Hidden Jewel but they messed me around a lot when I wanted my spiderbites so I ended up going to Nobby's instead and I've been going there for a year :3 I often visit just to keep Mikey company so he's the only one I trust enough to stab me

You have too much healing to get more, especially awkward ones, if he's a good and responsible piercer he will know that.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That is true, but I'll still pop in to say hi and keep him updated. I'll let you all know how it goes

So you've asked a question and totally disregarded all the replies? People are telling you to wait for a reason you know.
    piercings
    lobes; tragus; nape; nipple; navel; vch; nostril doubles

tattoos
    star; lipstick kiss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast