Thread: My Vertical Labret Piercing!

Thumbs up My Vertical Labret Piercing!

Before

I was so nervous about this piercing, more than any other, even after 30 piercings I still hate needles! I spent the week before looking up online as much as I could but struggled to find much on vertical labret piercings.

The place I usually go doesn't do vertical labret piercings, but there are a few other places in town where I and/or a friend had been pierced before, I went to the first store, and spoke to the receptionist, I asked what gauge jewellery she would be doing it with, she said she did it with a 1.2mm straight bar, I left straight away as I'd read online that it must be done with a curved barbell (lucky I had looked it up!) So I left and went to a shop where I'd never been pierced, but I'd gone with a friend to have her smiley pierced and they seemed to know what they were doing.

I arrived and was asked to fill in a form which was hard with how much I was shaking! I told him about the previous shop and he said I was right to say no and that he would be doing the piercing with a 1.2mm curved barbell.

During

He told me to sit down, he cleaned my lip and then marked out where the piercing would be, I checked and I was okay with it. He then told me to close my eyes (as I'd told him I wasn't a fan of needles!) he put the clamp on my lip, and then I felt a slight pinch, some pressure and then a sting as it came through the top of my lip, but it really wasn't as bad as I'd thought. 5/10 for pain. My nose was worse! He then put in the jewellery which was a little uncomfortable but the pain stopped almost straight away.

After

My lip felt a bit funny for a while, my lips felt very dry which was horrible as I couldn't lick them! But once I'd got home I cleaned off the dry blood with a sea salt soak and it was a lot more comfortable. I've found I have to carry around straws and lip balm, as drinking can be a pain, though I can already use mugs and cups after 2 days, but a straw is easier. Eating wise, I've just had to cut up my food and put it to the side of my mouth, it was a little hard for the first day but it's fine now. Brushing your teeth also takes some adjustment but again after a few days its fine. I admit - I did kiss the day after I had it done, and that was fine, although I did have to be a little careful. But after a few weeks I should think all those things will be easy, ill have to let you know Its now sunday, I had it done on friday, my lip feels slightly swollen but doesn't look it, and it's not painful at alll. Infact I was suprised how much I could move around my lip without pain. Although if I laugh for too long it gets a bit sore!

Heres some pics

Ill write again in a few weeks when I have a smaller bar and it's completely healed.

Ashleigh x

Current Piercings

Lobe x 5 Helix x 4 Tragus Anti Tragus Rook Daith Snug Forward Helix Conch x 3

Nose x 2 Tongue Smiley Tongue Frenulum Vertical Labret

Nipples x 2 Belly Button

Microdermals on Hips Microdermals on Neck Microdermals on face (outer tragus)

Really suits you hun, hope you heal ok x
    Piercings;
    Current: Ears stretched 30mm - Conch - Tragus - Septum - Nostril - Tongue - Smiley - Navel - VCH
    Retired: Lower navel - Labret - Finger Dermal
    Would like: Vertical Labret - Stretched Septum 2mm - Daith - Triangle

Tattoos: Half leg sleeve - Script on thighs - Feet - Half sleeve - Full sleeve - Thumbs - Back of neck - Behind ear - Lower stomach piece - Lyrics down ribs - Side thigh - Lower back

It looks great on you! When I did my VL I used straws to drink as well but if what I found quite helpful was to kinda pull my lips out so the glass would sit in the inside bit of the lips and it wouldn't touch the piercing you might want to try that if someday you forget your straws haha.
    Hope you heal well!

I'm so excited to get mine done! I hope yours heals well! It looks gorgeous.

Looks absolutely lovely. Happy healing

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

It looks ahhh-mazing!! Happy healing!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Looks fab!
    Piercings:
    Right ear - 3 lobes, two helix, 2 forward helix, double conch, double tragus
    Left Ear - 3 lobes, tragus, rook, outer conch, snug
    Left nostril

Tattoos: 3

Retired: Stretched right lobe, Scaffold on right ear