Thread: Nipple piercing tear

Default Nipple piercing tear

I've had both my nipple piercings for 8 months and they were fine until recently one of them started to be really red and painful and the left hole seemed to be larger than normal - I thought this might be rejection but I took it to my piercer and she said that I must have badly caught it on something to the point where there was tissue damage. She said this was because the longer starter bars were still in and when the piercing had settled down she could change the bars to shorter ones
    Anyway, she told me to do SSS compresses with cotton pads which I have been doing, a lot of lymph is coming out which I take to be normal, but the sides of the tear aren't healing back together - resulting in the hole looking bigger - Has anyone else had this? Did it ever heal together normally? I'm sure it's not really that noticeable but obviously things seem to be when it's your own body!

I know this post is old, but thought I'd answer since no one else has, and to help those with this issue. My piercing bars were short since I got my nipples done, and due to swelling I got hypertrophic scarring. My piercing couldn't leak lymph because the balls were SO close to my skin on my right nipple, and so it made its own route. No compress, soak, or hot water in the shower helped. Only thing that kind of helped initially was manually squeezing the lymph out of the bump (gross, I know). But it just kept filling back up, and I realized I had to get rid of the second "route" my body created to get rid of the lymph. So, I took a sterile needle, and pricked the bump to bust it open. This helped, but then my body thought this new small hole I created was a good alternative to leak lymph from, so that hole kept swelling with lymph and filling back up. And since I'm a quick healer, it didn't drain - just healed up in a few hours and filled back up :(.

Eventually, I made sure to keep the right hole (the original piercing hole) open and press the bar to the right so it had a clear passage, and I compressed the hole I made with the needle with a cotton bud soaked with SS water, and that worked. Due to my prick, I DID have a small tear, but with compression it went away and healed perfectly in a few days - a week. Haven't had issues since and that was my only hiccup. So, compression is the key! Be vigilant and persistent, too. You can't slack with a wound or scarring in your piercing. Hope I helped.
    Last edited by danigemini; 09-28-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Pen;TATTOOS - None
    Sword;PIERCINGS -
    Nipples x2, lobes x2, left conch, Christina
    Paper;PLANNED - Triangle
    Ashes;RETIRED - Navel

Quote Originally Posted by danigemini View Post
    You can't slack with a wound or scarring in your piercing. Hope I helped.
    To be fair you often can, the body has a wonderful way of healing itself.

Leave the tear alone and it should heal itself fine, no need to squeezing lymph out of anywhere, it will irritate it more.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    To be fair you often can, the body has a wonderful way of healing itself.

Leave the tear alone and it should heal itself fine, no need to squeezing lymph out of anywhere, it will irritate it more.
    My tear became the leaking point for my lymph, and then healed, so it would just continue becoming a bigger bump, like I said in my post. That's why I squeezed, compressed, and solved my "bump" experience in a week, where others often solve theirs in 2-3, and sometimes have them come back. Just sharing my experience. Maybe this method'll help others.
    Pen;TATTOOS - None
    Sword;PIERCINGS -
    Nipples x2, lobes x2, left conch, Christina
    Paper;PLANNED - Triangle
    Ashes;RETIRED - Navel

Quote Originally Posted by danigemini View Post
    My tear became the leaking point for my lymph, and then healed, so it would just continue becoming a bigger bump, like I said in my post. That's why I squeezed, compressed, and solved my "bump" experience in a week, where others often solve theirs in 2-3, and sometimes have them come back. Just sharing my experience. Maybe this method'll help others.
    I never said it wouldn't I was just showing that there is another way, that people don't always have to use specific solutions and being "slack" can be an option
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My friend had this problem. SSS doesn't look to heal much. She just upped her intake of Zinc and it healed fine. I would try that if I were you.