Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forward helix and conch!

Red face Forward helix and conch!

I've wanted to get my conch pierced for some time now but have been letting my helix piercing heal first so I can actually sleep on one side of my head! I more recently decided I liked the look of a forward helix piercing in the same ear also, I thought they'd look nice together.
    I got them both done at the same time today in my left ear. I had the forward helix pierced first, which it definitely the most painful piercing I have had to date. I had to take a short break between with some glucose water as piercings always make me dizzy. I had the conch pierced lying down so I didn't fall in case I passed out.
    Here is a photo of the results:

If anyone has any tips on cleaning forward helix piercings that would be great as well as I had trouble getting a cotton bud around the back.
    Other than that I'm really happy apart from feeling quite sore.

In my experience, it's not essential to clean a forward helix piercing with a cotton bud - in fact it might be more of an irritation than anything else.

What I've found works better is just letting water run over it while you're in the shower - but not directly from the shower head, rather let it run over your hands first so the stream isn't too strong. If you find that that isn't helping the crusties or other gunk, then you can do a hot sea salt soak - 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt to a cup of water, dip cotton wool or a cotton pad in it and hold it to the piercing for 7-10 minutes a day.

Hope that helps? Congrats on your new shinies and happy healing!
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    In my experience, it's not essential to clean a forward helix piercing with a cotton bud - in fact it might be more of an irritation than anything else.

What I've found works better is just letting water run over it while you're in the shower - but not directly from the shower head, rather let it run over your hands first so the stream isn't too strong. If you find that that isn't helping the crusties or other gunk, then you can do a hot sea salt soak - 1/4 of a teaspoon of sea salt to a cup of water, dip cotton wool or a cotton pad in it and hold it to the piercing for 7-10 minutes a day.

Hope that helps? Congrats on your new shinies and happy healing!

Ahh thanks. I've stopped trying to clean the back with a cotton bud, only cleaning the front. I let some water get in the back whilst I was in the shower, from what I can see using two mirrors there isn't any gunk building up yet.

My conch on the other hand has been bleeding and I have a lovely purple bruise on the back of my ear.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

I've found with my rook that saline spray works really well for helping clear the crusties. I use a product called Simply Saline that's used as a nasal spray. It's got nothing in it but pure saline and it's a very gentle spray so it doesn't hurt my rook, which is constantly tender.

Your conch and helix look lovely. I hope they heal quickly for you. I got my conch done about three weeks ago and it's being very finicky, but isn't sore unless I bump it.

They look really nice!I want my conch but I'm too scared of the pain! Your earrings are really cute as well haha good luck healing them

Quote Originally Posted by Kekewy View Post
    I've found with my rook that saline spray works really well for helping clear the crusties. I use a product called Simply Saline that's used as a nasal spray. It's got nothing in it but pure saline and it's a very gentle spray so it doesn't hurt my rook, which is constantly tender.

Your conch and helix look lovely. I hope they heal quickly for you. I got my conch done about three weeks ago and it's being very finicky, but isn't sore unless I bump it.
    I'll have a look out for saline spray, so far no crusties, just letting water go over it in the shower seems to be doing the job for now. It's pretty difficult to see far into that crevasse anyway :/

Quote Originally Posted by ellavxii View Post
    They look really nice!I want my conch but I'm too scared of the pain! Your earrings are really cute as well haha good luck healing them
    Thankyou! Conch really wasn't very painful, forward helix was much worse. I'd definitely give conch a go, my piercer described much more like pressure rather than pain, although it was over too fast to be that much bother.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

I bought some saline spray from a chemist which makes it so much easier to clean the back of my forward helix.

It has a little nozzle so I can spray right in there! Thanks for the tip.

Here's another photo of my new piercings at a distance:

They are still feeling a little sore and really itchy at the moment! Other than that they are behaving.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Looks lovely Hun, I found my conch a painful experience though :( btw your makeup is lovely also x
    Piercings;
    Current: Ears stretched 30mm - Conch - Tragus - Septum - Nostril - Tongue - Smiley - Navel - VCH
    Retired: Lower navel - Labret - Finger Dermal
    Would like: Vertical Labret - Stretched Septum 2mm - Daith - Triangle

Tattoos: Half leg sleeve - Script on thighs - Feet - Half sleeve - Full sleeve - Thumbs - Back of neck - Behind ear - Lower stomach piece - Lyrics down ribs - Side thigh - Lower back

Quote Originally Posted by melissa1986 View Post
    Looks lovely Hun, I found my conch a painful experience though :( btw your makeup is lovely also x
    Thanks very much!

Day 6 now and my conch is extremely sore and I think a little swollen also.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

You're welcome

My conch took 'forever' to heal, around a year iirc? It was uncomfortable for along time, completely fine now and a clean hole I can see right through lol. I want my other ear doing as symmetry is my thing but I remember the sound and feel of cartilage being pierced and it wasn't the nicest experience lol.
    Piercings;
    Current: Ears stretched 30mm - Conch - Tragus - Septum - Nostril - Tongue - Smiley - Navel - VCH
    Retired: Lower navel - Labret - Finger Dermal
    Would like: Vertical Labret - Stretched Septum 2mm - Daith - Triangle

Tattoos: Half leg sleeve - Script on thighs - Feet - Half sleeve - Full sleeve - Thumbs - Back of neck - Behind ear - Lower stomach piece - Lyrics down ribs - Side thigh - Lower back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast