Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forward helix and conch!

Quote Originally Posted by melissa1986 View Post
    You're welcome

My conch took 'forever' to heal, around a year iirc? It was uncomfortable for along time, completely fine now and a clean hole I can see right through lol. I want my other ear doing as symmetry is my thing but I remember the sound and feel of cartilage being pierced and it wasn't the nicest experience lol.

I have been thinking of what I want on my right ear as it looks kinda bare now. I think you should get the other ear done, the pain is worth it in the end!

Day 15 now and my forward helix has been bleeding at the front, otherwise no bother, I can clean it thoroughly without any discomfort. My conch is still a little sore when I clean it but it's doing really well.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

I think I might get my conch pierced on the other side too for symmetry... won't be for a while yet mind.

Update 4 weeks later: conch is absolutely fine no problems.
    Forward helix has a bump at the front and looks a bit yucky, going to a festival tomorrow though so will have to do some hot sea salt soaks when I get back!
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Hi I'm new to this site and aren't sure how to work it yet but I just got three forward helix piercings and my piercer didn't say how long to wait util I change the bars , do you know how long I should wait ?

Piercings: 3x forward helix , helix , 2x lobs , scaffold , double tongue , belly bottom , wrist dermal and vch
    wants: both nipples , sung , rook, daith ,tragus + anti tragus, lobsx2 , 2x chest dermals and Christina

Quote Originally Posted by Tallscottishblonde View Post
    Hi I'm new to this site and aren't sure how to work it yet but I just got three forward helix piercings and my piercer didn't say how long to wait util I change the bars , do you know how long I should wait ?
    Cartilage piercings can take up to a year to heal fully. I wouldn't change the bars for atleast 6 months, my helix piercings have been quite temperamental and I would recommend leaving them alone for as long as possible to avoid irritating them. Reputable piercers will only do two piercings at a time as anymore can make the healing process slower. If you are unsure then go back to a decent piercer!
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

My piercer got some pretty gem balls in stock so I went in today to get the balls changed on all my ear piercings.

Forward helix has a little bit of a bump on it :( I must have knocked it some point, I'm just gunna leave it alone until it goes down.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Yup, LITHA is the best option for bumps I've found.

Love all of the pretty gem ends! And your three flower studs in each ear
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

I also found my helix was a bitch for the pain, the piercer did it really slow to ensure he wouldn't scratch my inner ear but that made it even more painfull haha! I've been considering getting my conch done for awhile but after seeing your picture of your Piercings together I think it's now a definate must!

Quote Originally Posted by ginaballareena View Post
    I also found my helix was a bitch for the pain, the piercer did it really slow to ensure he wouldn't scratch my inner ear but that made it even more painfull haha! I've been considering getting my conch done for awhile but after seeing your picture of your Piercings together I think it's now a definate must!
    Mine was over really quick but hurt bad ha. I prefer the conch and forward helix together rather than each on their own, get it done!
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Conch is totally fine have had no problems with it since it was pierced really.
    Forward helix is being a bit of a pain still but I've just taken to leaving it alone. I've found it can still get quite itchy and has a little bump still but that will go away over time.
    Forget that I haven't even had them for 3 months yet so I guess they are on the right track!
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

So I went to my piercers to get the jewellery changed for my conch and forward helix after 7 months. Here's a pic:

I got a little gem heart put in my forward helix which is made out of bioflex. It bled a little when being changed... I still have a little bump there but it's not painful or getting any bigger so I'm just planning on leaving it alone now, in hindsight I probably shouldn't have a changed the jewellery but there has been no added aggravation after a couple days of it being changed. Hopefully I am less likely to knock it now the gem is smaller.
    Had the conch changed to a ring which was a little tender at first but now seems to have settled.
    Piercings

Left ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x forward helix
    1 x conch

Right ear
    3 x lobe
    1 x tragus
    1 x helix(retired)

1 x nostril

1 x navel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast