Thread: Vertical Labret Piercing pain + experiences?

Default Vertical Labret Piercing pain + experiences?

Would like to know how much thisd piercing hurts, healing time, if it causes any difficulties eating kissing etc. just any info please!

Current Piercings:

NUMBED

Helix x 4
    Conch x 3
    Rook
    Daith
    Snug
    Anti Tragus
    Tragus
    Foward Helix
    Belly Button
    Tongue
    Smiley
    Tongue Frenulum

NOT NUMBED
    Nipples x 2
    Nose x 2
    Lobe x 5
    Hip Microdermals x 3
    Neck Microdermal
    Face Microdermals x 2

No one can tell you how much you will feel the pain, it's impossible. Healing can be anything from 3-6 months as long as all goes smoothly as a rough guide. You'll have to take it easy with kissing, some people find using straws easier as the jewellery can clink against glasses etc. Eating shouldn't be much of an issue aside from some initial swelling. Many people on here have reported lips becoming dry/peeling.

May want to have a look in the experiences section.

Oh also, don't get it numbed, don't get any piercing numbed ever. The stuff some piercers use doesn't even numb anything, can cause chemical burns and no piercer is licensed to use real anaesthetic which has to be applied with a needle anyway so kinda defeats the object....
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I got my vertical labret and found much less painful than my nose piercing but that vary from person to person and probably stress, anxiety can influence.
    I have to say I am a bit worried about everything so in the beginning I didn't eat anything that I had to bite, only stuff that I could eat with fork/spoon to avoid contact with the jewellery and I did use straws for about a week.
    In overall it was very easy and not as uncomfortable as I though it would be.

I'm with Hazel on the numbing issue. The pain from getting pierced only lasts a few seconds while the needle goes through anyway, so I see any sort of numbing agent as unnecessary. But that's just my opinion

With a vertical labret, as with any piercing, pain varies from person to person. What's hugely painful for one person might be a breeze for someone else. Unfortunately I have never had any facial piercings, so can't offer advice on the practicality of it and whatnot. Good luck!
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'