Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emu Oil?

Default Emu Oil?

Hi All,

I keep reading on here about people using Emu oil for healing scars, a few little questions:

Where would one get some I can only find cream and dose it really work?
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Here. Can't comment on whether it's worth it i'm afraid as i've never used it.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

http://www.bodyartforms.com/productd...D=2187&index=1

That's the only place I've really ever seen it. You can get different sizes, so a small one if you just want to try it out. Postage from BAF is cheap and fairly fast, too.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Please consider using bio-oil instead, as it is cruelty-free and has the same healing properties! Available from Boots/Superdrug/Lloyds etc and often on offer :-)

Bio oil is shit though, smells weird and is full of chemicals I've never heard of.
    You can't use bio oil on broken skin by the way, so you can't use it for piercings etc that aren't fully healed.

Don't know about any cruelty, I got emu oil from an eBay seller Redraven linked to one day, plus I have a tiny one from BAF that I got as a freebie on a biggish order.
    I like it cos I can use it on upset piercings.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I use emu oil on my piercings and it's worked wonders. I was a little apprehensive at first because I have very sensitive skin. I got a small bottle in a local health food store when my third lobe was playing up something awful and itching like mad. The emu oil helped a lot. I just got my conch and rook done about two weeks ago and I started using it on my conch this. Week because it was bothering me a bit. It calmed it down right away. I use Laid In Montana brand because they're very humane to their emu and use 98% of the bird when it's slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadge64 View Post
    Please consider using bio-oil instead, as it is cruelty-free and has the same healing properties! Available from Boots/Superdrug/Lloyds etc and often on offer :-)
    I assume by cruelty free you mean it's a none animal product? In that case why aren't you telling everyone not to eat meat and dairy products and steer clear of leather on other threads?

Bio oil whilst claims to be cruelty free (after many people badgered them about it but still no leaping bunny symbol on the packs) has some extremely odd chemicals in it and is far from natural.

Emu oil does indeed contain emu by product. Emus are not farmed specifically for the oil, just as cows are usually not farmed specifically for leather.

But if you think the use of any animal product is cruel then fair do's. I know a lot who agree with you.

I use it on lots of things, piercings (prevents crusties and aids healing for me), cut, grazes, irritated skin, anything. It can be used on an open wound, in the mouth, on genital piercings anywhere.

Just wanted to put that out there, also yes you can find sellers on eBay, make sure they are ethical and are selling the pure aussie stuff.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    You can't use bio oil on broken skin by the way, so you can't use it for piercings etc that aren't fully healed.
    I realise that, but the poster specifically asked about healing scars.

redraven, I don't consider myself an advocate for cruelty-free practices, so I wouldn't specifically go searching for people who are wearing leather/eating meat and dairy or purposefully start an off-topic thread about something that people clearly have strong feelings about and start lecturing them.

I simply read this post, as I was visiting this forum anyway and offered an alternative, in what I feel was a very polite way. 'Please consider' is simply a polite suggestion. I wasn't 'telling' anyone to do anything, nor would I ever do so. Each to their own, I don't judge anyone and I wasn't looking for confrontation or debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadge64 View Post
    I don't judge anyone and I wasn't looking for confrontation or debate.
    No one said you were judging anyone, lecturing anyone, nor did anyone imply you were being impolite or telling people what to do. Nor can I see confrontation or a debate.

I merely asked a question and wanted to explain to people that emus are not hunted and slaughtered merely for the oil. Many people don't even realise Emu oil comes from Emus!

This is a forum, people will express opinions and share information to educate others. You are allowed your opinion the same as myself and any other member.

Sorry my question upset you, I was genuinely trying to understand what angle you were coming from.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I did find your question rather confrontational. My answer: because I'm not in the habit of telling people what to do. I think it was also irrelevant...my suggesting an alternative non-animal oil in response to a specific question has absolutely nothing to do people's eating habits or fashion choices. The angle I was coming from was politely trying to be helpful and in the process, offer a suggestion of a different type of product. That's it. Not launch a campaign about cruelty to animals, hence why I wouldn't target meat eaters/leather wearers. Hope this answers your question.

I'd hope that anyone would research both emu oil and bio oil before using it and if they find if either is for them, them good on them, hope it works! Good luck to the original poster, whatever product they decide to use :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast