Thread: About to self-pierce my smiley...suggestions?

Exclamation About to self-pierce my smiley...suggestions?

Every professional piercer I've asked has said not to do it, which obviously means nothing to me since I'm going to do it anyways. Yahoo! answers is hardly any help, so I'm hoping any of you who have self-pierced your smiley before, or any professional piercers, can offer me suggestions on what to do. I bought myself a 16g hollow piercing needle, an 18g ring, and I have gloves and everything is sanitary with alcohol-free salt water solution. Is there any advice you can give me for when I pierce it? What did you do when you self-pierced it? This isn't my first self-piercing, but I would like some advice and any tips you can offer so I won't mess up would be greatly appreciated. Also, where should I pierce it so it will have less of a chance of being rejected? I'd say my upper frenulum size is about average. Thanks guys!

There's a reason professionals have advised you not to do it.

Doubt you'll get any kind of a different answer on here other than 'don't'.

But seeing as you're going to do it anyway then there's no point in saying that anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

About to self-pierce my smiley...suggestions?

Don't.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

If you're having to go to Yahoo answers to find out what to do, that's probably your first indicator that you really shouldn't do this. Just out of interest, why exactly won't you go to a professional instead?
    I have:
    7mm left lobe, 10mm right lobe, 2nd lobes, snakebites, right double helix, left conch, septum, tongue web.
    I want:
    10mm lobes, double nostrils, left tragus, venoms.

dpack_1

So you got a needle a size bigger than the jewellery you got which is two sizes smaller than it should be to prevent migration. You've no concept of actually 'how' to do this and don't realise it's requires two people to do it, you don't talk about clamps or tubes, you assume gloves = sanitary (without mention of sterility).

There is a reason you're being told not to do this.

But please, once you do it, and it's horribly angled, done with inappropriate jewellery and eventually splits, please put a picture in the Awful Piercing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by deadthrone View Post
    everything is sanitary with alcohol-free salt water solution.
    what
    Saline does nothing to ''sanitise'' at all, it's used for irrigating and rinsing the wound during healing, I wish people would stop thinking this. This isn't the first time I've head people do this, like soaking your dirty jewelry in saline will do nothing bacteria-wise.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be rude, just... don't do it. If you have acess to a piercer, go to them.
    I've done my fair share of self-piercings because I had zero piercing studios in the country. Even then, I read everything i could find on the internet and otherwise.
    If you have to ask, you're not ready to do this. You have the wrong size needle and jewelry and know nothing about cleanliness. Seriously, you're not ready, you'll mess it up. It seems like it's an easy piercing but it's one of the most fiddliest (tongue web, ugh), the jewelry will slip out and it's gonna bleed everywhere and you'll panic. It's probably gonna bleed anyway because of the needle/jewelry sizes.

So again, don't do it. If you MUST do it yourself, at least find more information and sterile equipment. But you might as well be grateful you HAVE a piercer around and just go there. The hassle isn't worth it.

Oh and smileys? There is a huge chance it will just reject anyways.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    But please, once you do it, and it's horribly angled, done with inappropriate jewellery and eventually splits, please put a picture in the Awful Piercing thread.
    as well as this, don't forget to post pictures of your teeth and gum damage too.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

well arnt you clever..... despite a professional telling you why you shouldn't you choose to ignore their advice. well done.

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

Is this another one of those attention seaking post? you knew what people would say before you posted so I got to ask, Why?
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Seeing as there's not going to be much in the way of other answers the thread has pretty much run it's course.

Closed.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<