Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: RANDOMNESS: Talk about your day

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Maybe seeing it acted out will show people how abusive it really is??
    Depends on how they portray the film I suppose but I think people are just blind to that whole side of things is about and get things very mixed up. You may be right though, one can only hope. I know I won't be watching it!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Hazel I must have missed that post! I agree, I'll not be holding my breath for rave reviews tbh!

Today had been good, tiring, but good I sat for 6 hours on my tattoo today (we decided on another 3 hour sesh instead of cramming into the 1 hour left), managed to pick up some nice cider on they way home for tomorrow / the weekend and then saw the Thor double bill which we both enjoyed
    Unfortunately now I'm knackered and wide awake! Ah well hopefully soon the tiredness will kick back in and I'll get a decent sleep
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

My mom and I were in the CBD of Cape Town this morning, and had to take cover in a shop because there was a political protest going on. But it looked pretty peaceful. Now she just dropped me home not even 30 minutes ago, and just called me to say that she heard on the news that the protestors are looting stalls, breaking car windows and injuring people! The police were shooting rubber bullets all over the place! Just another day in Africa?
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Had two cups of coffee this morning and my limbs keep twitching. At least it has actually woken me up a bit though, already got my notes done and I might actually get half this assignment sorted today.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Got a nurse this morning who I've known since I was small, due to the fact I went to school with her daughter. Which means throughout our apt I was treated to 'what Katie's doing now'. Sort of ended up making me feel terrible, she's finished uni, has a very good job, and has moved away. Reasons like this are why I don't talk to many people from school, it's too competitive. I know the mistakes I've made, I don't need reminding of them.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Got a nurse this morning who I've known since I was small, due to the fact I went to school with her daughter. Which means throughout our apt I was treated to 'what Katie's doing now'. Sort of ended up making me feel terrible, she's finished uni, has a very good job, and has moved away. Reasons like this are why I don't talk to many people from school, it's too competitive. I know the mistakes I've made, I don't need reminding of them.
    Oh my goodness that's horribly unprofessional!!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Oh my goodness that's horribly unprofessional!!!
    Really? I just sort of take it as it is, everyone loves talking about their kids I guess.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

Really? I just sort of take it as it is, everyone loves talking about their kids I guess.
    I think so yes, if I was a medical professional I would focus on my patient not harp on about my kids :/

Tbh I don't really talk about my child unless someone asks or it's something funny/relevant, I don't get parents who feel the need to regale people about their little darlings...

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I think so yes, if I was a medical professional I would focus on my patient not harp on about my kids :/

Tbh I don't really talk about my child unless someone asks or it's something funny/relevant, I don't get parents who feel the need to regale people about their little darlings...
    I think it was just the fact she knew me tbh. I hadn't realised she hadn't recognised me till she turned around like ''oh, you're that Sophie, hello!'' She's always the same, I probably haven't seen her in years thinking about it. She was also telling me about her youngest though, who I know, but only barely. Not sure why she thought i'd be interested in that, I wasn't exactly friends with her first daughter either but heh.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

I think it was just the fact she knew me tbh. I hadn't realised she hadn't recognised me till she turned around like ''oh, you're that Sophie, hello!'' She's always the same, I probably haven't seen her in years thinking about it. She was also telling me about her youngest though, who I know, but only barely. Not sure why she thought i'd be interested in that, I wasn't exactly friends with her first daughter either but heh.
    Tbh it applies to people I know as well, I have just never felt the need to share my kids life with people, don't see it as particularly fair on them either...maybe it's just me!

I mean yeah recognition is one thing, harping on about your family to someone who hasn't asked just seems odd for a health professional. I'd be more interested in the person in front of me.