Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: RANDOMNESS: Talk about your day

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Aw Sophie that sounds so heartbreaking, well done on you giving him the best chance possible! I'm a state when any of the kitties are ill. And bless your poor mum, she'll need to have a secondary birthday tomorrow!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

When it comes down to our animals, we do always try and do what's best for them. But yeah, not an easy decision to make, unfortunately everything is determined by money, but there's always a way around things. I think we're both worrying, but more so that it could still result in having a very needy dog. Yeah, mum will get spoilt later on in the week! Unfortunately these things don't half pick their moments!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I know exactly what you mean I still feel guilty about taking Catdog in and not being the right home for her, even though I know her being at my mum and dad's means she gets spoilt rotten and is better for our kitties too who were really not keen on being around such a big dog I almost feel as if I'm admitting some terrible crime when I tell people we couldn't keep her!
    If you want to chat or anything feel free to drop me a PM x

Aww, I still get guilt ridden wondering if we've done the right thing by having a mini zoo at ours, but at the end of the day, I know my mum and I make damn sure the pets all get what they need, and that's as much guarantee as we would have if they were elsewhere. I'm not saying it's easy at all though, sometimes I think it would be lovely to not have the stress of looking after them on a daily basis, but you have to see it through. I very nearly gave Tig up though because I did struggle initially, which some people made me feel terrible for, I don't think that should ever happen. Giving an animal the best chance possible is what matters, admitting that you're not the right person is just being a responsible person, not a bad one. I will definitely keep that in mind, thank you <3. x
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Giving an animal the best chance possible is what matters, admitting that you're not the right person is just being a responsible person, not a bad one.
    This.

Made even harder when a group of members on a forum that you don't really talk to severely bitch you out and gossip about it behind your back then one of said members blurts it all out very publicly with not a clue what he's talking about. Apparently the conversation sparked off because I deleted them from facebook hahaha. Yikes!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I do the same but I know that they all get fed the best we can (they're really fussy with wet food), hettie gets plenty live food and fruit/veg, they're all cleaned, fussed over and loved well. Unfortunately if we'd kept Cat we'd have had 3 animals who were co-existing and would have hopefully gotten along eventually where as with my parents my dad takes her on huge long walks every day is home most of the time with her and they've been able to manage the vet trips she's needed a lot more easily (financially) than we would have.
    It also meant we were able to take in little man when he was abandoned and we were able to keep him when nobody came forwards for him and we've ended up with 3 cats who cuddle up together and bath each other rather than 2 cats who put up with a dog. It also gave us the opportunity to get Hettie which is lovely because I've wanted a pet hedgehog since I was tiny.
    It's so daft because I know it all worked out for the best because if someone else had taken cat in the chance of her going to someone who would love her as much as my parent's do and who would have spent as much on her vet bills as they have is pretty slim but I still feel a bit guilty!

<3 x

It's nice to know i'm not completely alone on that one! Sometimes the best place for them isn't with you, I think a lot of people misinterpret that as people meaning they just can't really be bothered, and it's just easier to rehome it, or attempt to use the example of a child vs pet, as in, you wouldn't get rid of a child just because circumstances changed, like some people do a pet. There's a point to that of course, but it's not always so black and white. We got majorly lucky really, poor Tig had three to contend with when she arrived, and her original home had a dog, so she's never known any different! But then she's stayed, so she must be happy here. <3 x. Anyways, on the topic still, spoke with the vet this morning, she kept calling Zia 'she' . . . I just let that one pass lol. Apparently his eye was looking worse, but he'd eaten and everything, so he's having his surgery at about twelve today, i'll get another call when he's finished. Sounds like he might only be kept in 2-3 days now, fingers crossed! I think our vet's probably thinking we never feed our pets, I seriously do not know where they all put their food. Mimi's only 3.4kg, Zia's 3.8kg, we haven't had Aoife weighed yet, but she's a big girl.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

See I think the vets must think the opposite for us because Loki was 8.1kg las time we weighed him but he's all muscley so despite the fact he's HUGE he's actually not fat, but people think he's normal sized until someone lifts him lol! And then Freya was over 6kg and little man is the only "normal" sized one at 3.6kg! We measured Loki at over a meter from nose to tail tip recently as well, I always forget how big they are compared to other cats lol! I'm actually pretty sure Loki is half Maine coon tbh...

Haha getting a random drunken phone call off my big brother and all his squaddie mates, literally spent like half an hour just lmao at them until one goes ' how are you related to him, your well cute' hearing my brother snatch the phone and get all defensive 'that's my little sister dude!!' Hahaha <3 him
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    See I think the vets must think the opposite for us because Loki was 8.1kg las time we weighed him but he's all muscley so despite the fact he's HUGE he's actually not fat, but people think he's normal sized until someone lifts him lol! And then Freya was over 6kg and little man is the only "normal" sized one at 3.6kg! We measured Loki at over a meter from nose to tail tip recently as well, I always forget how big they are compared to other cats lol! I'm actually pretty sure Loki is half Maine coon tbh...
    Over a metre?!?! Crikey. We've had a couple that were super deceptive, Aoife's one of them, she looks long but not massive, yet everyone's surprised when they pick her up lol. I really want to know what Tig weighs atm, cos she's only a small cat, but I don't need to take her to the vets for anything so have no way to know!
    4 tattoos.

Facebook