Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rook bar too long?

Quote Originally Posted by 5oph1e View Post
    I would definitely go to your piercer to get it changed, I recently changed my rook bar (from a retainer back to the original bar) and it took me about an hour of fiddling and pissing off my piercing before I got it in. Thankfully I've had no problems with mine since (its actually been behaving better, but that's probably because I had a crappy acrylic retainer in it from about 3months old cause I had to hide it for work) but definitely go to your piercer, they know what they are doing and can change it over with minimal irritation to the piercing.
    This. A piercer can do it in seconds you could be faffing with it for ages and really upset it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I had to change my rook after having it done for 6 months (for surgery) and i made it incredibly angry. They are so awkward. Go to a piercer

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Yeah, man I remember the chaos that ensued when I accidentally popped my nose ring out while on vacation while it was still fresh and could not for the bloody life of me get that pathetic tiny screw back in. So should I wait till I get my jewelry in the mail and bring it to him to change? Or have him do it with what they have there? If I do bring my jewelry should I have him put in the bioflex or the steel barbell? Like I said I'm broke for the time being so if they'll replace it with my jewelry for free then that's what I'll do, and I definitely don't want to pay them for another bar after his stupid mistake of putting this massive one. It's also been pissy as hell today and was bleeding last night, but it's calmed down. Considering doing a diary on it as I haven't seen too many detailed ones yet.
    Sarah
    Left ear: 2x Lobe, Rook
    Right ear: 2x Lobe
    Other: Left Nose
    Future: Double Helix (RE), 0g Lobes, Monroe
    Retired: Left Helix

Got some of my jewelry in the mail and want to change soon so bumping this, any input on my last reply?
    Sarah
    Left ear: 2x Lobe, Rook
    Right ear: 2x Lobe
    Other: Left Nose
    Future: Double Helix (RE), 0g Lobes, Monroe
    Retired: Left Helix

Go see what your piercer says, they may put in the jewellery you have purchased, or they may not and think something else will be more suitable. Best bet is to go have a chat with them and see what happens, some piercers wont touch jewellery that customers bring in due to fears over quality etc.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12