Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about conch piercing?

Default Questions about conch piercing?

I'm going to get my conch pierced tomorrow and I'm excited yet nervous about it. Would it be possible to get a longer barbell in my conch because of excessive swelling? My ears (either due to the thickness of the cartilage, or just my body) become very swollen after and the jewelry ends up being too small.

Are infections common in conch piercings? I'm naturally a worrier and very cautious about cleaning my piercings (When I got my nose pierced last year, I cleaned it a bit too much).

What's your experience with a healing conch? (if you ever had one, of course)

I have x2 lobes (gunned unfortunately), nostril piercing and a double helix (which had to be taken out because I swelled up way too much).

I had my conch pierced about 2 months ago and to be honest the first couple of weeks were pretty difficult. It was my most painful one to date, though I know everyone experiences are different so hopefully yours won't be the same. However during the healing it has been very tender. My piercer put a longer barbell in to allow for swelling but after it had gone down within the first couple of days the extra length was troubling the piercing as it sticks out the back and I kept catching it with my hair and hands. It still is tender now when knocked, especially from hugs!

In terms of infection I don't believe it is anymore susceptible than any other piercing so long as it is properly cared for.

However, having said all that it really is a nice piercing to have and I can't wait till I can change it over to an Anatometal cluster BCR! Hope your piercing goes well
    Chloe
    I have 12 holes - 4 x lobes, helix, tragus, triple conch, nostril, septum, nape

I'm sure if you ask, your piercer will give you a slightly longer bar if needed. I have three conch piercings, and haven't had that much trouble with any of them. I pretty much left mine alone as soon as i got them, and rinsed them in the shower. my first conch was pretty much painless after a month, the other two i got done together for an orbital, they were a but angry but SSSing them really helped.

Providing you look after them like you would any other ear piercing, a conch has no more risk of infection than any others.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

My 4 month old conch has been no trouble at all I'm happy to say. I've hardly known it was there since the piercing. Didn't touch it at all for the first couple of days, thereafter I just rinse it in the shower. I do make sure its dry afterwards though because moisture makes it swell a little.
    If you ask your piercer for a longer than normal bar they should oblige
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

My 3 month old conch is no trouble at all. I had a longer than normal bar but didn't notice any excessive swelling at all.

It was very sore and tender for a few days but nothing too terrible.

I have a triple conch. And to be perfectly honest they have been about the easiest thing to heal (about two months in at the moment) only my tragus has been easier. I did have some swelling. You might consider getting a flat backed lebret instead of a barbell. I found that it helped a lot in avoiding catching because I kept the extra length in the front and the back flat against my ear.

I have conch done in both ears, bcr one ear and labret stud in the other, the one with the labret stud healed the quickest of any piercing I've got/had, but as with everything people seem to react differently to them, certainly for me I had no problems. How did you get on OP?

Cartilage is always hardest to cure, so you have to care special care

Just to let you guys know, I wimped out and got my helix pierced instead. I still plan on getting my conch pierced but when I'm much braver
    Current piercings:
    Right ear: 2 lobes & conch
    Left ear: 2 lobes
    left nostril

keeponsingin

My conch was my easiest piercing by far. It hurt the least and was 100% healed within 6 months. To me, even my helix piercings hurt more and were more of a PITA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast