Thread: Would 19mm tunnels fit in 20mm ears?

Default Would 19mm tunnels fit in 20mm ears?

I'm sorry if this is a ridiculous question (I feel like this is a ridiculous question) but I don't have anyone to ask lol.

Is there much of a difference?

I think you mean would they fall out because the hole is too big? I've thought about that a few times out of curiosity!

I guess you could try going naked overnight, then putting them in the morning after. But if your ears have been at 20mm for a while they might not shrink to 19mm in that short a space of time. If they are at least single flared, and you secure an o ring on the back I can't imagine there'd be a problem
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.

Unless you're trying to put in double flared tunnels, then it would depend on what size the flares are.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

it might depend on the plugs in question, but you should be fine to bounce between 19-20mm. my lobes are 8mm and I can still wear 6mm jewellery for the day with no problems.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

You'll very likely be fine, I size bounce as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think there are a good bit of us here who size bounce and we're fine for the most part!!!

Like the others said - it should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by 11163 View Post
    Is there much of a difference?
    There's 1mm of difference

Should be fine, depending on flare size/o-rings/weight/material of plug. Just as an example, I can wear 14mm plugs one day and 12mm the next - as long as the 12mm's are light and/or have a flare or o-rings, or are kind of "grabby" (eg wood). Heavy double-flared plugs that have only a small flare would probably fall out.
    Give your lobes a bit of rest time between so they relax down.

I hope that made sense, I've been on night shift for a month and am trying to come back to the real world now.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I only have a small stretch, but my jewellery ranges from about 3.5mm to about 4.2mm (all sold to me as 4mm, oddly enough) and they all seem to fit just fine. Obviously, I know that's a big difference btween 19/20mm, but I imagine it'd be a similar process. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

should be fine, my boyfriend's brother is that size and he goes up to 20mm occasionally when he loses a gauge. it's not too big of a sie difference.