Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possibly infected ears?

Default possibly infected ears?

Hey guys c:

Early Wednesday morning, around 2am, I stretched to an 00g. I used the taping method, but I used tapers to guide me so that it'd be easier to put the tunnels through. I put the tapers through without any force they went in without out a problem. It did sting just a little, it was bearable. Once I got the tapers in, I tried putting the tunnels in by lining it up against the taper, no matter what I tried and how lubed up It was, the tunnels would not go through, I kept trying and they got half way through. After about 5 attempts per ear I gave up, cause my ears were getting irritated. I put the tapers back in and I taped them up (haha xD) like I taped the back piece of the taper against my side neck, so that it would be an even pressure on my lobes, basically so that the taper won't be hanging. I kept them in, my ears was throbbing. Later that night around 9pm after I showered. I tried again and still no luck, the tunnels would not go through all the way. So, I taped the tapers to the side of my neck again. The next day around, 3pm... I tried again and the tunnel finally went through my right lobe, it slid right in. My left lobes wasn't too happy, so I taped to my neck again. I would often touch my ear to see if it was still sore. I just left it alone until Thursday night, I tried again and it finally went through with little pain. I felt the back of my lobe, but I couldn't feel the tunnel because my lobes were swollen like twice It's normal size!!! The swelling when down after a couple of hours, but it was still very swollen, I couldn't even put the o-ring on cause there was no room for it, It's like my ear swallowed the tunnel. This morning I woke up hoping that the swelling went down and it didn't at all! I touched the back of my ear and there was like a wetness, but it was clear. I did a sss soak, I iced my lobe for about 10mins then took a hot steaming shower. And the swelling still was there. So I just left it alone until just now. I flipped my ear back, to see my back side and there was dried up blood, so I touched it and when I looked at my hand white puss was on my finger and it freaked me out and landed me here!! My lobes doesn't hurt, I'm not in any pain, but it is sore when I touch my ear. My ear are still swollen to the point where I can't even put an oring on.

Should I be worried? Is the puss I saw a sign of an infection?
    Thanks guys. I know I made a lot of mistakes and I shouldve listened to my body, but I didn't and now I'm fucked.
    But I have learned from my mistakes and during my next stretch I'll be extremely careful

Your not fucked yet but the above choices weren't exactly smart either. If I were you I would down size and baby my lobes. I understand the impatience of wanting to stretch up, believe me I have been stuck at 14mm for some time now and they still aren't ready. And thats what your lobes were trying to tell you, they weren't ready for the stretch. But none the less you should really down size, ideally I would go down two sizes but you may not be comfortable with that. I would also oil them and leave them be for a while I wait at least a month and half before trying to stretch again. You don't want a blow out from experience they aren't the easiest to heal. It doesn't sound infected just really really irratated, if they were it would kinda feel like your lobes were running a fever. But like I said if you downsize and baby the hell outta your lobes they should be fine. Its never a gurantee but its better to do it now rather wait til later when they have sat like that for too long.

Sounds like a lot of trauma for your ears. I'm an inexperienced stretcher but from the blood and puss, it sounds like you might have ripped your lobe. Downsize, and baby your poor lobes.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I think (not entirely sure) that 00g can mean 9mm or 10mm, or inbetween the two, so the tunnels still could have been too big.

What I do know is that bleeding when stretching is really bad. I would take the jewellery out and go naked until the swelling and pain subsides, SSSing and oil massages might help. Then when they feel 100% better and normal, start small and find what size your holes have shrunk to, I wouldn't be surprised if you shrink a couple of millimetres. Keeping the tunnels in will be painful and could definitely cause more problems than it's worth :(

Good luck!
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.

Quote Originally Posted by melissasattack View Post
    I think (not entirely sure) that 00g can mean 9mm or 10mm, or inbetween the two, so the tunnels still could have been too big.

What I do know is that bleeding when stretching is really bad. I would take the jewellery out and go naked until the swelling and pain subsides, SSSing and oil massages might help. Then when they feel 100% better and normal, start small and find what size your holes have shrunk to, I wouldn't be surprised if you shrink a couple of millimetres. Keeping the tunnels in will be painful and could definitely cause more problems than it's worth :(

Good luck!
    ^ This.

Definitely time for your lobes to go naked and just leave them be for a few months or so until completely healed, then massage with oil to break up any scar tissue; then see what size fits in and go slowly from there.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole<3 View Post
    Your not fucked yet but the above choices weren't exactly smart either. If I were you I would down size and baby my lobes. I understand the impatience of wanting to stretch up, believe me I have been stuck at 14mm for some time now and they still aren't ready. And thats what your lobes were trying to tell you, they weren't ready for the stretch. But none the less you should really down size, ideally I would go down two sizes but you may not be comfortable with that. I would also oil them and leave them be for a while I wait at least a month and half before trying to stretch again. You don't want a blow out from experience they aren't the easiest to heal. It doesn't sound infected just really really irratated, if they were it would kinda feel like your lobes were running a fever. But like I said if you downsize and baby the hell outta your lobes they should be fine. Its never a gurantee but its better to do it now rather wait til later when they have sat like that for too long.
    Thank you so much . I followed your advice and downsized to a 2g, which was pretty hard to do .. but i'd much rather be safe than sorry. I've been doing a lot of oil massages and the swelling has decreased a lot. thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Sounds like a lot of trauma for your ears. I'm an inexperienced stretcher but from the blood and puss, it sounds like you might have ripped your lobe. Downsize, and baby your poor lobes.
    I think you're right.. I might've ripped my lobe when I was trying to force the tunnel through. like the edge of the tunnel probably cut the inside of my lobe. I did downside to a 2g. thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by melissasattack View Post

Good luck!
    thanks . I've downsized to an 2g. Although you the swelling has went down a lot.. not entirely, I like what you said about going naked until it feels 100% better. I think that im going to go naked, im a little scared of what my lobe might shrink down to, but oh well. It'll be worth it in the end. thanks for advice

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    ^ This.

Definitely time for your lobes to go naked and just leave them be for a few months or so until completely healed, then massage with oil to break up any scar tissue; then see what size fits in and go slowly from there.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcatx View Post
    thanks . I've downsized to an 2g. Although you the swelling has went down a lot.. not entirely, I like what you said about going naked until it feels 100% better. I think that im going to go naked, im a little scared of what my lobe might shrink down to, but oh well. It'll be worth it in the end. thanks for advice
    I think going naked is a good idea!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast