Thread: What was the last thing you bought?

I'm 4'11" (just!) with a big chest and short legs so all dresses just look weird on me. However, my wedding is very pretty and I plan to wear it no matter how ridiculous it looks!
    Last edited by MxSherwood89; 05-08-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I would have thought you were taller too. Most people tend to think I'm either tall or average. I'm really quite short!
    I thought you were taller Toni, until I found your facebook and found out you were shorter than I thought taller than me though! It's amazing how you can have such a vivid idea of someone on a forum from just an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Emzyminx View Post
    I always think people are taller too, isn't it strange how we get this perception of people mostly just going by talking to eachother over a pc!

That dress is lovely, I cant buy dresses online, I have to try them on before I buy them, I'm 5'11 and have such an issue with clothes, not just dresses, being way too short :(
    Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I barely make 5ft 3in. I have issues with dresses - I have a short torso, the top half of dresses never look right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'm 5ft6 (used to be 5ft7 but seem to have lost an inch or so in the past 10 years) but I have big boobs and a long torso and long arms so most tops just don't fit me well at all, add into that being plus sized with a skinny back and it's just a nightmare. The only dress I ever had that fits me well was one completely tailor made in person to fit me, even my wedding dress didn't fit me all that well as it was tailor made online lol
    Thanks Emzii, yeah this is what I am worried about. I too have a really short body and really long legs but I am hoping this dress is ok. I got it on next day delivery so I can send it back if need be or use a waist belt to hide the bagginess. I just needed something smart casual for graduation.

I find sizing to be more or less useless as clothing widths never fit. I happily take a ten in trousers usually (when I am at a normal weight) but they are far too long and eights are the right length but too tight for my bum. And tops are never the right length for my short body. Why there aren't odd number sizes I do not know!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

If its any help i buy from boohoo all the time and the only problem ive ever had with sizing is with legholes on shorts and the length of midi dresses. Everything else fits pretty well Im also 5'1 with long legs and a short torso.
    Its Missguided that have stupid sizing.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    If its any help i buy from boohoo all the time and the only problem ive ever had with sizing is with legholes on shorts and the length of midi dresses. Everything else fits pretty well Im also 5'1 with long legs and a short torso.
    Its Missguided that have stupid sizing.
    Ah this is good to know, I nearly bought a similar dress from Missguided. Dodged a bullet there.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Century.Child.Soprano View Post
    I find sizing to be more or less useless as clothing widths never fit. I happily take a ten in trousers usually (when I am at a normal weight) but they are far too long and eights are the right length but too tight for my bum. And tops are never the right length for my short body. Why there aren't odd number sizes I do not know!
    Sizing is indeed the most useless thing ever. I remember Asda did in-between sizing once but it never took off apparently.

I have items that range from Sz16-Sz22 that all fit me, it's no wonder I just tend to live in leggings and baggy tops atm :/

I found BooHoo to be hit and miss considering they're resellers rather than a brand so what they sell is made in a multitude of different places by different manufacturers.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm tall but pretty thin (at least, I was at one point). I couldn't get anything that fitted because it was either right in length, but too baggy, or tight enough but too short! =(
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Sizing is indeed the most useless thing ever. I remember Asda did in-between sizing once but it never took off apparently.

I have items that range from Sz16-Sz22 that all fit me, it's no wonder I just tend to live in leggings and baggy tops atm :/

I found BooHoo to be hit and miss considering they're resellers rather than a brand so what they sell is made in a multitude of different places by different manufacturers.
    I don't understand that, if shops made in between sizes like they do for shoes, I would be in my element as I'm sure so many others would be. Even when I try things on in shops, assistants agree with me that if they had a size 9 it would fit me so I usually have to roll up or cut trouser legs off.

Quote Originally Posted by jesterxlady View Post
    I'm tall but pretty thin (at least, I was at one point). I couldn't get anything that fitted because it was either right in length, but too baggy, or tight enough but too short! =(
    This is my problem exactly but I'm just really short :3
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Century.Child.Soprano View Post
    I don't understand that, if shops made in between sizes like they do for shoes, I would be in my element as I'm sure so many others would be. Even when I try things on in shops, assistants agree with me that if they had a size 9 it would fit me so I usually have to roll up or cut trouser legs off.
    I just wish we had things in inches like mens clothing often does. It's no use when one shop says a Sz12 has a 30inch waist and the next one says a Sz20 has a 33inch waist as I've recently encountered.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That too would be really useful. It's how we get our graduation robes so they're guaranteed to fit, so why not ordinary everyday clothes.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Ditto! I'm a 9 - 10s are often a bit big but 8s are too small. If I order online I normally end up ordering both sizes and having to send one back. The worst is when sizes are just small, medium, large etc. what does that even mean?