Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mj's Daith and Septum!

Default Mj's Daith and Septum!

So this morning I hopped on the tube down to Camden, and visited Reka at Hell To Pay. I've been there before, for my nostril piercing, and after that I was never going to go anywhere else, it was such a great experience.
    On arrival the place was pretty quiet. I was planning on just getting my daith done, but somehow the words 'daith and septum' came spilling out. Curse this forum and you people with pretty septum jewellery!

She took a look at my ear and said she wasn't sure about my daith, which surprised me a little. I sadly agreed to a rook :(

While she set up I had a look through some of the magazines and stuff. Before long she called me in!

Thankfully, when she had a good look at my ear, she realised my daith was deeper than she thought, and she could pierce it safely. Phew!
    She clamped me up (ow) and I purposefully did not ask whether it was going to hurt more than some of my other piercings, because I could kind of tell from the clamp it wasn't going to be much fun. Breathe in, breath ou-OW OW OW. Yowza A strong, achey pain. But I took it like a soldier apparently!

But my pride was short lived! Next up the septum. Nothing much at all to report, thank goodness! Clamp on and pierced, I didn't even feel the needle, only a pinch when the jewellery went it. I will post a picture of that one later, I have it safely tucked away in my nose at the moment. (edit: pics!)

It looks a little wonky, and Reka did tell me it was a little further forward on one side than the other because of my anatomy, and I can pull it forward a little as it heals if it bothers me. But the swelling here makes it looks 10x worse!

4 hours later, and my daith has stopped aching, which it did for about an hour, and my septum is only sore when I move my nose (or poke it!)
    I'm going to LITHA, and I will keep this post updated with healing.

Once again, I blame everyone here for this septum piercing! You should all be ashamed/proud
    Last edited by melissasattack; 06-06-2013 at 11:52 PM. Reason: pics!
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.

Yay it looks pretty and I never thought of clamps on a daith before am sure mine was done freehand. I really want another one. Hope they both heal up lovely for you!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hurrah for the daith and septum double piercing!

As far as i'm aware my daith was done freehand as well but my ear is teeny-tiny.

Go you, and get a septum piccie as well please
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

I was quite surprised at the clamp as well, but the placement is perfect so I don't mind, I have a pretty ear
    And septum pics are coming! It's harder than I thought to get a good pic of it, everything I do makes it look wonky :( I will have a proper go this evening.

I'm on a buzz at the moment yay
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Quote Originally Posted by melissasattack View Post
    I was quite surprised at the clamp as well, but the placement is perfect so I don't mind, I have a pretty ear
    And septum pics are coming! It's harder than I thought to get a good pic of it, everything I do makes it look wonky :( I will have a proper go this evening.

I'm on a buzz at the moment yay
    Oh exactly! It really is placed ever so nicely!

I think septums just look wonky as standard cos no one has a perfectly symmetrical nose
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post

I think septums just look wonky as standard cos no one has a perfectly symmetrical nose
    And at the moment it feels like the inside of my nose is twice its usual size!
    Hi, I'm Mj

bump for pics!
    Hi, I'm Mj

Yeah it looks a tad wonky from the bottom up, but straight on and it looks perfect! And to me that's what I'd be going for ^_^

Looks super cute, just the 2 lil balls poking out the bottom,.. if I got one that's the look I'd hope to achieve

Happy healing!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I know they're so cute! They're gonna be tucked away for healing though because I am a notorious fiddler and I'm really amazed because you can't see it at all, not even it I tilt my head right back. Hooray for secret squirrel piercings
    It's an 8mm circular barbell, widened a little, if that helps for if you get it done
    I don't mind if it ends up a little wonky from the bottom........if someones looking up my nose they deserve to be surprised lol!
    Hi, I'm Mj

It looks fab to me, mines pretty much like that but looking at it face on you can't tell at all ^_^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast