Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mj's Daith and Septum!

Glad to hear it's not too much of a pain!
    I'm the opposite, I tend to end up switching sides and moving around in my sleep and it's been such a nuisance with my attempts at healing ear piercings so far. Daith piercings just seem a lot more convenient in that regard and less likely to snag on things by being tucked away inside the ear. Thank you, you've definitely given me hope that my ears aren't a lost cause!

Do it! I've heard that other people have some success with sleeping with a travel pillow, those horseshoe shaped ones, and putting the ear in the central hole
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Retired: 4th lobe piercings, helix, one horizontal nipple, navel.

Want: horizontal nipples, conch, triple upper navel project.

Quote Originally Posted by melissasattack View Post
    Do it! I've heard that other people have some success with sleeping with a travel pillow, those horseshoe shaped ones, and putting the ear in the central hole
    It's definitely going onto my mods-I-want list! Now that you mention it, I think I read something similar with a towel...I tried rolling a towel into a circular shape and using that to keep my ear of my pillow, but I'd end shifting it in my sleep. A travel pillow would def be sturdier, I'll have to look into getting one of those!
    PAST: 1mm Lobes, 1.6mm Helixes (industrial)
    PRESENT:1.2mm Septum, 1.2mm Side Lip
    FUTURE: 8g Septum, Nipples, Philtrum, tattoos!

Day....17?: All is well in piercing land. Daith is still sore to touch and crusting mildly. Septum is happy, had a bit of a scare yesterday when I went to scratch my nose and felt a ball sat in the bottom crease of my nostril! One of the ends had unscrewed, no doubt due to me trying to clean all around them when they got all gross and booger-y! Managed to get it back on without any problems, but had to do a bit of pulling and twisting so there's a little bit of soreness today.

I've already pre-ordered a white opal Anatometal captive for when my daith heals up, and I'm currently on the hunt for some cheap captives measured in inches, because the circular barbell I have in is 8mm, so to have a snug fit on my nose it'll either be 5/16" or 3/8", but I'm not sure which. I don't want to spend money on a premium piece of jewellery without being sure, does anyone know anywhere that sells diameters in inches in the UK? I would order from BAF but would like to avoid international orders if possible :P
    Hi, I'm Mj

Current piercings: 1st lobes (4mm), 2nd+3rd (1mm), helix x 2 (1.2mm), daith (1.2mm), septum (3mm), nostril (1mm)

Quote Originally Posted by melissasattack View Post
    I'm currently on the hunt for some cheap captives measured in inches, because the circular barbell I have in is 8mm, so to have a snug fit on my nose it'll either be 5/16" or 3/8", but I'm not sure which. I don't want to spend money on a premium piece of jewellery without being sure, does anyone know anywhere that sells diameters in inches in the UK? I would order from BAF but would like to avoid international orders if possible :P
    You'll want it to be 5/16" which is basically 8mm or 7.94mm to be exact, pretty much the same, it's what I wear in mine. 3/8" is 9.53mm and hangs down way too much for my liking as I love a snug look.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    You'll want it to be 5/16" which is basically 8mm or 7.94mm to be exact, pretty much the same, it's what I wear in mine. 3/8" is 9.53mm and hangs down way too much for my liking as I love a snug look.
    Thanks Hazel
    Hi, I'm Mj

Day 26: Nothing much to report, again. Boring diary of the year award!
    My daith is starting to 'settle' in my ear, this might sound a bit odd but I think I can almost feel the fistula forming :P it feels secure and is not sore unless it is poked.

Septum is back on track after the lost ball incident, although I've had a bit of a stink coming from it today. Think I will SSS it later just to get rid of that.
    Hi, I'm Mj

Calamity! My daith has a bump :( I said I could kinda feel the fistula forming: it wasn't the fistula!

Sorry for the gross ear pic! I think my best course of action will be to put a tiiiiiny bit of tea tree oil on each day, because I'm really concerned that the positioning of the bump is going to move the exit hole, it feels further forward than it was and I'm worried about rejection.

Any thoughts?
    Hi, I'm Mj

Have been following some advice from 'the bump' thread, and doing a super hot compress morning and evening. Bump seems to be drying, yesterday I had some dried blood so I think the bump is messing with the actual piercing site. :( .
    The ball of the BCR is up close to the top hole, every time I move it, it goes back up really quickly so I'm hoping that it'll offer some form of protection for everything.

Will keep this updated!
    Hi, I'm Mj

Have been continuing the hot compresses and got some 1% hydrocortisone cream from Superdrug yesterday. The bump has lessened significantly, and thankfully is no longer putting pressure on the exit hole. I'm less worried about migration now. There has been some significant scabbing which have been (nearly ) falling off on their own. Almost like it's been peeling in layers.
    Much less painful and swollen than it was.
    Awesome!

No news on the septum front. Is it bad that I'm loving the smell of it healing? My SO thinks I'm mad. Maybe I am
    Hi, I'm Mj

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast