Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ford's daith diary... yipeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Hehe. xD

It wasn't a lowbret, it just looks that way on the picture. I think it was pierced at an angle so it was higher on the inside of my mouth. It touched my teeth a lot, which made me very paranoid about it, and I couldn't stop biting it and messing with it so it got very irritated. I tried to change the labret to a longer, bioplast one after a bit less than two weeks because it was so swollen, but I couldn't get the bioplast labret in because it was kind of intensely painful and I'd just had enough of all the trouble it was causing. I may get it done again in the future but lower so it won't touch my teeth. Hopefully then I might be a bit better at leaving it alone. :/
    Most people seem to heal labrets well and don't have the problems I did, so don't let my bad experience put you off. I don't really know anything about lowbrets, though.
    Thats a shame but when you've got something in your mouth it's hard not to play isn't it? When I got my tongue done I kept sucking the ball like it was a sweet without realising!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    I like the look of lowbrets over higher labrets too your daith looks ace btw!
    Thanks very much I love it even though I can't see it!
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Day 3
    Slept again with no problem from conch or daith, I'm just being careful when I lay my head down not to squish either ear.
    Had another go at getting some of the ink off by very gently packing tissue soaked in ss around it then using a soaked cotton bud but am not touching the holes. It ached slightly but briefly. Rinsed off with water and dabbed dry. No throbbing or anything, am pleased so far!
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 06-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Thats a shame but when you've got something in your mouth it's hard not to play isn't it? When I got my tongue done I kept sucking the ball like it was a sweet without realising!
    Yeah, it's very hard. I couldn't stop pushing on my tongue web with tongue when I'd first got it down, which irritated it quite a bit but it's fine and probably fully healed now.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

your daith looks great, can't wait to get mine done now
    happy metal = happy Fi :3
    past: left helix; left lobe; navel.
    present: double lobes; left daith; left anti tragus; right tragus; right conch; right nostril; right horizontal nip; navel; inverse navel.
    future: snug; anti helix; industrial; conch; ragnar; medusa; labret.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Yeah, it's very hard. I couldn't stop pushing on my tongue web with tongue when I'd first got it down, which irritated it quite a bit but it's fine and probably fully healed now.
    That's cool and its a bonus how quickly tongue piercings heal I don't think I could ever have a web piercing cos it would annoy me too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Greekdiav View Post
    your daith looks great, can't wait to get mine done now
    Thank you!

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

day 4
    went out last night for a boogie and did worry it might cause daithy to ache or throb, but not a sausage!

got a bit more of the ink off but theres still a load under the top ball especially as the bar has dropped down and i'm not prepared to push it back up yet.

It's a little swollen but plenty of room left on the bar. I think the swelling is also making the bottom hole more visible so it should look even better when its gone down

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 06-02-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

It still looks awesome even when swollen! It must be a tricky place to clean the ink off, especially since it is new and may hurt too! Perhaps ask your hubby for help?
    (May I also say that you have great hair?)
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    That's cool and its a bonus how quickly tongue piercings heal I don't think I could ever have a web piercing cos it would annoy me too much!
    Yeah, it is. I get annoyed easily by stuff like that, but I can hardly feel my tongue web most of the time.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    It still looks awesome even when swollen! It must be a tricky place to clean the ink off, especially since it is new and may hurt too! Perhaps ask your hubby for help?
    (May I also say that you have great hair?)
    Lol nah he'd be like jabbing it and I'd get pi**ed at him!
    Yes you may, thank you! I love it short but I also don't have the type of hair that's nice long. It goes all dry and frizzy! I always wished I had curly hair!
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 06-03-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

Day 5
    Well today it made some dusty crusties so its already behaving differently to conchy. Also the bar had dropped yesterday in keeping with gravity but overnight its risen right up with all the bar showing at the top and hasn't dropped all day - odd!
    Still dont know its there, haven't cleaned it apart from a rinse. All going well atm

Have:
    Want:
    Tattoo by Noon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast