Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rook to conch industrial Help!!!!!!! Urgent

Unhappy Rook to conch industrial Help!!!!!!! Urgent

Ok so i went on friday and got a rook to conch industrial. its as two seperate piercings just now to help it heal before i get a bar in. my conch is fine had it dont before its no bother to heal....

the rook on the other hand... O.O sorest thing i've ever had pierced and regretting it slightly at the min as i am in so much pain with it.

heres a photo right after i got it done...

my lovely inky ear. was sore after but im now 4 days on since my piercing was done and my ear has litrally swollen up so badly!!
    see photo

sorry for the giant pictures i cant seem to resize..... atleast it matches my giant ear!

anyway. ive been told hydrocortisone cream helps heaps to reduce the swelling, is this true.... salt water and ibuprofin clearly arnt doing me any good.

can anyone reccomed something i can use/buy/do as it feels like there a knife stabbing right into my head and is absoloue agony!!

Thanks heaps, any help appreciated!
    Current
    left lobe x4, Right lobe x3, Left Conch, Helix x1, Tragus x1, Right Rook to Conch Industrial, Septum, Tongue, Nipple x1, VCH.

Retired
    Dermal Anchor on wrist.

Ink
    Birdcage and roses on right upper thigh, 10 stars going up hip.

Conches especially are notorious swellers. Doesn't matter if you've had it done before, two piercings in one ear tend to mesh the swelling into one, which is why your ear structure's looking undefined. If you can take ibuprofen, get hold of some higher strength. Helps more with the pain of it, though it may well be tender for longer. Don't use any creams, I have no idea if that one actually helps, but the swelling will decrease naturally. You could start taking arnica, though it helps if you've been taking it prior to piercing its worth trying now. Have the bars got sufficient length for swelling? Also, are you aiming for a custom bent bar in there? Just wondering about angles and pressure . . .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

ice?? I've always found ibuprofen works really well for me.. weird :S

um, you could get the bar swapped for a bigger one which would reduce pressure from swelling and probably reduce your pain?

I had a similar problem with my anti-tragus, but I found my swelling started to go down after about day 7/8 so you could try waiting it out? I just left it alone and took painkillers and eventually the swelling subsided and its been fine since then. Idk about hydrocortisone though - but personally, I wouldn't put any cream on a new piercing as surely that'll just stop oxygen getting to the piercing, which can't be good?
    could always try taking more ibuprofen to see if that helps?
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I used a savlon spray on my nipple piercing which seemed to help, I know it not an ear but just want to help.
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Honestly I can't see how you're going to get a full length bar in that?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Yeah the swelling doesn't seem too extreme considering you have had 2 in such a close space.

Echoing what the others have said, and also make sure your head is slightly elevated when you're sleeping.

Also I doubt you will be able to wear a straight bar due to the angle they appear to have been pierced at.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

If the pain's really bad remember you can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together.
    Swelling wise ice, ibuprofen and arnica are all you're going to want to try. Don't put any creams or anything on it.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Honestly I can't see how you're going to get a full length bar in that?
    Im getting a custom made bar put in.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    Yeah the swelling doesn't seem too extreme considering you have had 2 in such a close space.

Echoing what the others have said, and also make sure your head is slightly elevated when you're sleeping.

Also I doubt you will be able to wear a straight bar due to the angle they appear to have been pierced at.
    Im not getting a strait bar it's a special made curved bar I'm getting once its healed.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-28-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts
    Current
    left lobe x4, Right lobe x3, Left Conch, Helix x1, Tragus x1, Right Rook to Conch Industrial, Septum, Tongue, Nipple x1, VCH.

Retired
    Dermal Anchor on wrist.

Ink

Ooo interesting, will have to share some pics when all finished, I reckon that will look badass

But about the swelling, pretty much everything that has been said should really help with it. My body tends to swell a ton whenever I get anything done. High doses of ibuprofen and holding ice wrapped in kitcen roll -so it isn't too cold- against the swollen parts really helps bring it down for me.

Hope you find some relief soon!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Nox Ill be sure to post some photos once I'm all healed up which feels like forever away at the minute.

Thanks everyone I've researched that arnica stuff which looks promising in pill form. So may try that. I've got some co codimol in my system (which seems to be wearing off after thirty mins) and some diclofenac I had on prescription a wee while ago for a car accident I was in for swelling. Fingers crossed that helps :(

A salt water ear bath and a pillow of ice seem to be on the cards for tonight now oh the fun lol
    Current

Retired
    Dermal Anchor on wrist.

Ink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast