Thread: VCH fussy about jewellery

Default VCH fussy about jewellery

My VCH is the only place I can't wear steel, which is fair enough as it's a sensitive area.

I'm now also having issues with anodised titanium; it makes me itch :( a lot of my coloured Ti stuff is seriously cheap, from the likes of Wildcat and Crazyfactory. I don't know if the quality is the problem or simply the fact that it's anodised, and anodisation (is that a word?) wears off and maybe that's causing it.

I've got a plain Ti barbell from BJS in it now and it's been completely fine.

I've been wondering whether it's worth forking out for a better quality piece from somewhere like Anatometal but I'd probably want it coloured - but there's no point if all coloured Ti is going to make me itch!
    I might be better sticking with decent-quality-but-not-uber-expensive plain stuff.

Anyone got experience of this sort of thing? Any thoughts?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Anatometal does not use a "coating" for it's colours, it uses chemicals to change the colour of the metal, really. If it wears off, it will do zero harm (unlike cheaper companies eg. wildcat). The coloured stuff is the exact same as high polish stuff, quality wise. I would most absolutely definitely invest in their jewellery!

dpack_1

Contrary to that, Anatometal anodizes their metal in the exact same way everywhere else does. It's not some magic chemical that changes the colour of the metal, it's an electrical process used to induce a particular type of corrosion which presents itself in a variety of colours. This corrosion makes the metal a tiny bit thicker and resistant to damage and further natural corrosion but it can wear off / chip / flake away.

While Anatometal jewellery is good quality stuff it doesn't necessarily mean you wont have problems with an an anodized coating on their products. The only way you'd be able to find that out is by testing it unfortunately.

why not use plain ti for the bar and try high quality anodised for the balls?
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    why not use plain ti for the bar and try high quality anodised for the balls?
    Because the balls can still irritate the site.

Anne I often found the same even with high quality anodized stuff in my VCH so had to stick to standard titanium even cheaper end stuff was fine.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ yeah it's the area around the piercing, not just the piercing itself sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    Anatometal does not use a "coating" for it's colours, it uses chemicals to change the colour of the metal, really. If it wears off, it will do zero harm (unlike cheaper companies eg. wildcat). The coloured stuff is the exact same as high polish stuff, quality wise. I would most absolutely definitely invest in their jewellery!
    I don't mean coated/painted/plated stuff, I mean anodised. It's an electrical process affecting the surface of the material but it does wear away over time. I have coloured balls that are worn back to half-grey after being worn in my tongue.

Looks like I'll stay with plain high polish then. Maybe wear pretty colours for special occasions lol. Thanks folks.

..... I wonder what blackline would be like? Got to give it a try when I get home
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

You could still get gemmed plain ti balls if you wanted sparkly lady bits ftw!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    You could still get gemmed plain ti balls if you wanted sparkly lady bits ftw!
    Some people find the faceted edges to be a bit sharp in sensitive areas like that. Though gel coated ones may work, so long as you don't have a reaction to those.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Or if you can get 'em try cabochon ones? Is that the word I mean? The rounded gems!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Or if you can get 'em try cabochon ones? Is that the word I mean? The rounded gems!
    I have a cabochon style garnet in my VCH. It's so pretty and because it isn't faceted it doesn't irritate me.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

RIP