Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 months old navel piercing, what's wrong with it??

You really need something biocompatible like Titanium or bioflex, steel contains nickel which can cause reactions. Alcohol isn't a good idea either, just rinsing in the shower would be more than enough. The white liquid will be lymph which is completely normal.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Thanks

Hey, so I finally bought new piercing.

http://www.crazy-factory.com/product...oducts_id=3986

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...ue_3712376.cfm

I put in the bioflex with titanium balls, but I read on the Internet that the bioflex is not good for a fresh piercing, so after 2 days I changed it into titanium one. And now I found out that this one titanium might be bad for fresh piercing as well because its colorful.

What should I do?

By the way, now my piercing is 6.5 months old
    Last edited by Rozenaite; 06-13-2013 at 12:00 PM.

[QUOTE=Rozenaite;1477476]Hey, so I finally bought new piercing.

http://www.crazy-factory.com/product...oducts_id=3986

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/on...ue_3712376.cfm

I put in the bioflex with titanium balls, but I read on the Internet that the bioflex is not good for a fresh piercing, so after 2 days I changed it into titanium one. And now I found out that this one titanium might be bad for fresh piercing as well because its colorful.

What should I do
    both bioflex and grade 23 titanium are good for fresh piercings so don't know where you heard this information from
    Piercings I have

left ear: lobes-1sts and 2nds, helix
    right ear: lobes- 1sts and 2nds, 3rds (lower cartilage),
    right nostril
    monroe

R.I.P

navel x2
    snug
    forward helix x2
    helix

I LOVE bioflex IN MY PIERCINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Rozenaite View Post
    bioflex is not good for a fresh piercing...titanium might be bad for fresh piercing as well because its colorful.

What should I do?
    Stop believing everything you read. Both those statements are 100% false. Both materials are biocompatible as long as it's genuine bioflex/bioplast and the titanium bar is anodized and not plated. Both the things you linked to are fine.

Leave it alone, let it heal, you've set back healing with each change. They can take 12 months or more to heal fully as it is.

Rinse it in the shower, keep it dry and free from irritation and your body will heal it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I woukd change to a different bar titanium or surgical steel then just sea salt soak and leave it alone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12