Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there an age that you think that is too old for piercings?

Default Is there an age that you think that is too old for piercings?

I am 46 and just got an industrial piercing in my right ear. I am thinking about maybe getting a couple more piercings. I am thinking about sticking with my ears just because of my age.

what do you think??????

The only issue i'd have is practicality, and that could be questioned at any age, so in answer to your question, nope! I've been telling my mum for the past three years she should get her nose pierced (she's always liked them, just believed she was too old).
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

In a word: No!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

No.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Interesting question. I'm 33 and got my tongue and conch pierced recently. On another forum I saw age being discussed and the general consensus was that if you're over 30 then its only ok to have piercings if you got them when you were younger!
    Bearing in mind my age, people at my work said I was having a mid-life crisis (way to make a lady feel old!)
    Personally I say have whatever you want if you can get away with it. I would like a lip piercing but my work wouldn't allow it so that's a concession I'm happy to make as I have responsibilities.
    I just feel that my body is the only thing I'll ever truly own and is mine to do with what l wish. Compromises sometimes have to be made but I wouldn't not have something just because people might think its inappropriate for my age.
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    On another forum I saw age being discussed and the general consensus was that if you're over 30 then its only ok to have piercings if you got them when you were younger!
    Lol what a load of crap! Yeah when I was younger I got my ears gunned several times and I had an eyebrow piercing that I didn't look after.

Then at 30 I got a VCH, since then I've had more than I can be arsed to count and I'm 34 in a month and not stopping. I don't understand why people think there's an age limit on something like this. It's a bit like telling someone they're too old for shoes or putting a blue coat on, it's a freaking choice LOL!

I also think there's a lot of people in their 30's/40's who have genital piercings which many young people would freak out over (not on this forum but in general society where they judge people on age). Geesh.

Lucy I would have slapped someone if they said I was having a MLC!!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Lol what a load of crap! Yeah when I was younger I got my ears gunned several times and I had an eyebrow piercing that I didn't look after.

Then at 30 I got a VCH, since then I've had more than I can be arsed to count and I'm 34 in a month and not stopping. I don't understand why people think there's an age limit on something like this. It's a bit like telling someone they're too old for shoes or putting a blue coat on, it's a freaking choice LOL!

I also think there's a lot of people in their 30's/40's who have genital piercings which many young people would freak out over (not on this forum but in general society where they judge people on age). Geesh.

Lucy I would have slapped someone if they said I was having a MLC!!!

Lol I would have liked to but it was my manager!!

For me I think getting a bit older has been instrumental in my desire for piercings, something to do with feeling happier in my own skin than I did when I was younger. Plus nowadays there is so much more information and lovely jewellery than before which definitely helps fuel the desire!

I will add it was not a piercing specific forum, obv
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

Nope ! Old people rock...! I'm nearly 38. I've pierced quite a few people that qualify for a bus pass and beyond...

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."

Get whatever you want at whatever age you want!! It's your body, and work restraints aside you should do with it whatever you want.

It's in my sig, but I'l type it again 'cause I love this so fricken much: Those that matter won't mind, and those that mind don't matter
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Piercing Novice

Quote Originally Posted by pink_luvs_hearts View Post
    I am 46 and just got an industrial piercing in my right ear. I am thinking about maybe getting a couple more piercings. I am thinking about sticking with my ears just because of my age.

what do you think??????
    I am (cough) 5 years older than you and apart from the first lobe piercings which were done when I was 18, the rest have been done over the last year or two. I have added a nose piercing, a daith and a rook and a second set of lobe s. A second rook is planned for this week and then I don't know.... we'll see.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast