Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Nipples. <3

Default Shiny Nipples. <3

Let me start off by saying that this forum is a terrible influence. Before I joined I would have never thought about getting nipple piercings, but after reading all of the great experiences and seeing some photos of some well-done piercings, I was hooked. I've been thinking about it for about a year now, off and on. I finally called about two weeks ago and made an appointment with a piercer at a new studio I found - Thrive Studios in Cambridge, ON. It's the only APP studio in the province -- I wasn't trusting my nipples to anyone else.

The day finally came and we drove down to see Jesse, the piercer and owner at Thrive. It's about an hour and a half drive for me, but well worth it. I feel like I've finally found a studio that I can trust 110%. All internally-threaded jewelry, gorgeous displays of Maya and Anatometal and Neometal and BVLA, and Jesse is an absolute sweetheart.

He talked myself and my friend (who was getting her helix) through some jewelry options and then we ducked into a piercing room so he could measure my jewelry. As it turned out, I was able to get two 14g titanium bars and he offered to anodize the bars for me to whatever colour I wanted - and completely free. I chose a nice rose gold colour from the chart and we headed back out to the waiting room while our jewelry was sterilized and anodized.

I don't usually get nervous for piercings, but I've been worrying about this one for literally about two days. I think the fact that I had made the appointment so far in advance made it that much worse.

Anyways, the time finally came to head into the piercing room. My friend let me go first because she knew just how nervous I was. Hopped up on the chair, peeled off my shirt, and Jesse cleaned the area. Then I was able to stand up to be marked and double checked everything was exactly how I wanted it in a big mirror. I had been debating on whether or not to get horizontal or diagonal. Jesse said he doesn't often get to pierce diagonal nipples, and I thought they would flatter my body a little more than horizontal, so we went with those.

Back in the chair and time for deep breaths. The first one hurt about as much as I was expecting, and I made some lovely awkward noises. I couldn't even feel the jewelry insertion or the balls being screwed on - as soon as the needle was through it was fine. The worst part was waiting, knowing the second one was coming. I haven't had two piercings in one sitting since my earlobes about six years ago.

The second, left one hurt a little bit more but was still only about a 7 or 8 out of 10. I've always known I had sensitive nipples, so I had psyched myself up for a decent amount of pain. More awkward noises, another seamless jewelry change, some gauze over the piercings in my bra, and I was DONE.

I fell in love as soon as I looked in the mirror, and have been liking them more and more every time I've looked at them since. Jesse gave me a free bottle of Simple Care saline spray to go along with the giant aftercare talk he'd given us before beginning. My friend's piercing also went smoothly and before long we were on our way!

The first few hours was a little rough. We had to drive home and I felt every jolt in the road. The left (the second one he did) hurt more than the right, which I could barely feel by the time we got home. I left the gauze on them until about an hour ago, when I finally showered. I was super careful to keep my body wash away from my new babies and just as careful as I was towelling off.

My plan is to sleep in a light tank top tonight -- I have tiny boobs and I sleep on my side, so I don't think there should be too much of an issue. I may try and update this over the next few weeks as they start to heal, if anyone is interested.

My advice to anyone wanting this piercing is DO IT! It's hard to say whether or not it will be painful for you - I read plenty of diaries where people said it was no big deal at all. But even if it hurts, the pain only lasts an instant and you're left with lovely shiny nipples for as long as you like.
    Current
    1g lobes | 14g L helix | 16g R tragus | 16g L daith |14g R conch |14g septum|14g diagonal nipples

Retired
    14g navel | 16g tongue web

Want
    R rook | more tattoos!

Tattoos
    Punctuation marks behind my ears
    | Artemis-themed thigh piece

Congrats! I did mine a little over a month ago, it's well worth it! Happy healing!

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Congrats, I retired mine just recently but I recommend them to everyone!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

sounds like you had a really good experience, what a nice touch that your piercer anodised your bars for you. I think most people get a bit fed up of the titanium self colour pretty quickly and maybe thats one of the reasons why people sometimes change their jewellrey too quickly!

Personally although I've never considered getting my nips done I do prefer the look of diagonal ones.

well done for going for it and i'd be interested to hear how yours heal
    I'm Lucy, nice to meet you!

Have:
    Piercings: Tongue, right conch, left daith, 1st and 2nd lobes (14g), central low labret
    Tattoo: Inner forearm abstract geometric
    Want:
    Second conch in right ear
    Tattoo by Noon
    Retired Nostril, helix, auricle

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn’t an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn’t an afterlife"

I totally agree about the forum being a bad influence, I've decided on several piercings since I've been here that I would never have considered before, including nipples (which I may get at the next meet in July!) Keep us updated and happy healing!

This forum influenced me in to getting my nip as well! Not complaining at all, I absolutely love mine, boosted my self-confidence a lot too. Glad you had a good experience, hope they heal well
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

DAY TWO:

Hardly any pain at all today. Sleeping was a breeze and I've just kept wearing loose/thin shirts as that seems to be the most comfortable for me. I cleaned them in the shower with a bit of water and also used the saline spray a few times over the course of the day. Easiest piercings in the world so far -- here's hoping they stay well-behaved!

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm in love.
    Current
    1g lobes | 14g L helix | 16g R tragus | 16g L daith |14g R conch |14g septum|14g diagonal nipples

Retired

Want
    R rook | more tattoos!

Tattoos

congrats on the shinies, i love mine and it took me forever to persaude my dad to let me have them
    Left Ear -stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - 2 pinnas - 6mm conch punch - 6mm helix punch - 10mm cart punch
    Right Ear - stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - snug - 6mm helix punch - vertical industrial - tragus - rook
    Others -nape - left and right nipple - right wrist x2 - bridge - eyebrow - twinkle
    Tattoos - medieval dragon with sugar skull half sleeve - vampire pinup - tinkerbell

ONE WEEK LATER:

These are hands down the easiest piercings I've had yet. Minimal swelling, zero crusties, been cleaning them in the shower every day and using the saline spray when I remember. Neither has bled. Sleeping is a breeze. I've been wearing sports bras, but I can lay on my front no problem and even went for a jog today and they weren't even a little irritated. Fingers crossed they'll stay well behaved for the rest of the healing period!
    Current

Retired

Want
    R rook | more tattoos!

Tattoos

Not only is this forum is a bad influence but now you are . I'm going to get both of mine done now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast