Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Opinions and Tastes

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I dunno if I've posted this before, but one of my main unpopular opinions is:

I want to get engaged, have a nice wedding, have kids and possibly have a career break to look after them when they're young. I know a lot of people might see that as a popular opinion, but honestly, barely anyone I know will actually say that's what they want and most women I know absolutely do not want kids. Almost all my female friends are very vocal about how their want for children doesn't make them a bad woman, which I 110% agree with however I always end up feeling bad for wanting children I know that's not how they intend to make me feel but I end up feeling like I'm anti-progression for wanting them, to the point of not feeling comfortable admitting such to a lot of people I know.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

People shouldn't make you feel crappy for wanting children its your choice, my mother-inlaw tries all the time to make me feel crappy for not wanting kids, but its not her choice as I plainly told her you chose to have them and I am choosing not too!!!!

On the subject of cake, I am with Hazel on this, I don't really get it or understand the fascination with cake. I don't really care for any cake. I would much rather have a fudgy brownie!!!

Katie, Would you mind Sharing your amazing recipe for coconot cake? Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.
    Hi, Call me Rob.

Current:
    Nothing.
    Retired: Hafada 3, Tounge, Nipple (Left), Surface (Right Wrist) & Navel x2, PA. Horizontal Nipples 2mm.
    Wish List: Vertical Nipples 2mm, Ampallang.
    Ink: Scorpion left shoulder & dream catcher left arm.

I Like Being Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I dunno if I've posted this before, but one of my main unpopular opinions is:

I want to get engaged, have a nice wedding, have kids and possibly have a career break to look after them when they're young. I know a lot of people might see that as a popular opinion, but honestly, barely anyone I know will actually say that's what they want and most women I know absolutely do not want kids. Almost all my female friends are very vocal about how their want for children doesn't make them a bad woman, which I 110% agree with however I always end up feeling bad for wanting children I know that's not how they intend to make me feel but I end up feeling like I'm anti-progression for wanting them, to the point of not feeling comfortable admitting such to a lot of people I know.
    I hate this too. I don't plan on having kids anytime soon but I'd like to one day. People question my status as a feminist all the time when I tell them I plan to have kids in the future, as if having kids and taking a year or two off work is a disservice to feminism. Eff that! The whole idea of feminism is empowering women to make the right life choices for themselves, whether that be regarding education or work or kids. If I want to dedicate time to my kids at the expense of my career i am not any less of a feminist goddamit! *rant over*

Another unpopular opinion of mine: BEER. I just don't get why it is appealing.
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Quote Originally Posted by Starry-night View Post

I can understand this when it comes to lager, but proper ale is deliiiciiious! I'll drink lager and it's ok, but proper ales are just sooo much nicer
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigspanners View Post
    Katie, Would you mind Sharing your amazing recipe for coconot cake? Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.
    Of course! I'll either post it up tonight if I get a chance (I've still not had dinner...) or probably on Wednesday cause I have a friend up from Engerrrrland tomorrow
    (but seriously, it's sooo delish you'll love it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry-night View Post
    I hate this too. I don't plan on having kids anytime soon but I'd like to one day. People question my status as a feminist all the time when I tell them I plan to have kids in the future, as if having kids and taking a year or two off work is a disservice to feminism. Eff that! The whole idea of feminism is empowering women to make the right life choices for themselves, whether that be regarding education or work or kids. If I want to dedicate time to my kids at the expense of my career i am not any less of a feminist goddamit! *rant over*

Ahhhh yes! It's like feminists who think any one who strips/dances/works in the sex industry for money needs to be 'shown there's another way'. This is a very fair statement for people who are, or feel, forced into such a profession but what if doing that job makes me feel like a goddess? Surely feminism supports me in my right to do that as much as become a lawyer or doctor or politician?!
    *goes off muttering*

Quote Originally Posted by polythene_girl View Post
    I can understand this when it comes to lager, but proper ale is deliiiciiious! I'll drink lager and it's ok, but proper ales are just sooo much nicer
    You sound like Nick! I'll maybe bring you a nice Scottish Ale to the next meet as a belated birthday gift if you're nice to me
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Twilight (or Twishite, as I prefer to call it)... The books were bad, the audio books were bleh, then in the movies they cut out the only interesting bit I liked and a lot of other crap...and ugh - Real vamps don't sparkle! How stoopid!!!

(I love Coca Cola: one if the few drinks that doesn't give me cramps, and I love Dr. Pepper - No big bottles here though. But neither taste alike!!! I also love Vanilla Coke, but they stopped doing it here like five years ago. :( )

Why are people so against me putting a rainjacket on my dog? I have a Shih-Tzu, and he takes two hours to dry with a diffuser on a hair dryer, and it rains here 90% of the year. Or I'll put a light coloured doggy top on him when it's sunny, to reflect the sun off of him 'cos his body is black, then the poor guy gets pointed at and called stupid. Yes, he has fur (well hair) and is a dog, but I'm not gonna just stick him outside no matter what the weather with not even a bowl if water like most dogs around here.

There are a lot of trends I probably don't like, but I tend to avoid hyped up stuff and just get/do what I like and not just because it's "in". If I like something I'll like it, and not because a million people or advertising is telling me I should.

Like film Previews. I avoid them like the plague, because you watch them, then you watch the film, and all the best bits were shown in the Preview and what is left is crap and unenjoyable; so I try to avoid Previews and all the hype surrounding them or I'll hate the film in the end, and I love films so I don't want that!

SuperMacs! It's like the Irish crappy version of MacDonalds, except service is slow, the staff are not polite, the kids toy is crap and inconsistant, and you mostly have to wait half an hour before you get your food. They only usually have just a few pieces of chicken cooked (like drumsticks) or a couple of burgers. And, their thickshakes are runny and gross tasting, ugh! And they self breed in a single town. No one needs more than one crappy fast food place in a single town. And, seriously, how is that fast food anyway!?! If I wanted to wait that long for food I'd bloody cook myself. Not like its a posh restaurant that has awesome food you have to wait for. Ugh! I don't call them CrappyMacs for nothing... Just install a MacDonalds and KFC instead already!!! Yet everyone loves SuperMacs here. Must be an Irish thing...which I'm not...mostly...

Thats all...I think.

(I love cake! And any hot pudding, as long as it comes with custard. Every where I go serves hot puddings with ice-cream!?! And I love chocolate, but not chocolate sponge stuff.)
    Last edited by RedBullBabe; 06-18-2013 at 08:37 PM.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Kids suck!

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    SuperMacs! It's like the Irish crappy version of MacDonalds, except service is slow, the staff are not polite, the kids toy is crap and inconsistant, and you mostly have to wait half an hour before you get your food. They only usually have just a few pieces of chicken cooked (like drumsticks) or a couple of burgers. And, their thickshakes are runny and gross tasting, ugh! And they self breed in a single town. No one needs more than one crappy fast food place in a single town. And, seriously, how is that fast food anyway!?! If I wanted to wait that long for food I'd bloody cook myself. Not like its a posh restaurant that has awesome food you have to wait for. Ugh! I don't call them CrappyMacs for nothing... Just install a MacDonalds and KFC instead already!!! Yet everyone loves SuperMacs here.
    THIS. Dear god I hate that "restaurant". It's revolting, the only times I've eaten it is when drunk on a night out (mostly because my bus stops right outside) and even then it tastes awful. Although Papa Jon's pizza on the side is nice, gotta admit.

Also on this topic: KFC. I don't get it. The chicken is always dripping in horrible oil and looks mangled, and the bones... eugh, gross. Also don't like Burger King.
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

iPhones. I've never owned one and never even used one until last week when my phone went in for repair and I borrowed my friend's brother's old one. It feels so small in my hand compared to my HTC and I just generally don't like it. I was sat eating dinner with 4 other people the other day at work and every phone on the table was a white iPhone. I just don't get the hype, I much prefer my HTC.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."