Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ford's conch diary!

Default Ford's conch diary!

Hello! this is my first diary.

so I was thinking I would get a helix piercing. but I had a couple of those years ago. I then looked at some conch pics and decided that was the first 'proper' ear piercing I would get. (the first helixes don't count, I was 13 and they were done with a gun, retired soon after, no surprise there!)

so after a crappy day at work I decided off I would go for a little bit of pain.
    I went to Indigo in Norwich, a mere stones throw away from where I work and I have read lots of their reviews and felt happy to go there.
    Its not where I went for my tongue but its closer to my work.

Left off work at 5pm, strolled quickly with intent to my destination and hiked up the seemingly endless sets of stairs into an empty waiting room which felt welcoming and the lady behind the counter was nice and smiley. My soon-to-be-piercer (Olly) was also there and I liked him immediately.
    I proffered my 20 squids (good price) and was led through a door, past some inky goings on into a little room and sat on the table/couch thingy.

Olly asked me where I wanted it, cleaned it then put the little dot for my approval. I wanted it quite low so I could eventually wear a ring either like a cuff or a bigger one to hang down. I think the placement is fine but i'm a novice so hopefully its good.

I rambled a bit about how nervous I was when I got my tongue piercing done and Olly was very kind and put me totally at ease.
    I asked him 'to be gentle with me'. oh dear, I bet he hears that all the time. he said to inhale, exhale, a bit of pain and the deed was done.
    It definitely hurt more than my tongue, but my tongue was like a 1/10, this was about a 4 or 5/10 but it was over very quickly so no harm done.

He gave me the cleaning sheet, explained I was best to leave it as much as possible, be careful of it and to check back in about 6 weeks if all was going fine, obviously I could go sooner if I was having problems. I thanked him and left.

I was very happy and virtually skipped home. the only thing was my ear felt warm very quickly and I was super aware of it, like visibly leaning my head away from passers by who were 2 metres away, I just didnt want it to get knocked

the photo links are as I got in, I haven't touched it at all yet but it had already started to swell. I used to think I had quite nice little ears until I saw the pics! Its also incredibly difficult to take a picture of your own ear isnt it?

so basically i'm going to leave it alone as much as possible, cross my fingers and look forward to being able to wear a lovely ring in it.

so please remove the @ symbol, I don't have the post count yet to allow me to post piccies
    thanks

http:@//s609.photobucket.com/user/Lucemcspruce/media/Conch/20130419_175620.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    http:@//s609.photobucket.com/user/Lucemcspruce/media/Conch/0f526b7d-961e-4a16-b491-6bc8cc7b9527.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 04-19-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Resposted the pics for you
    Looks very nice!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Looks great! Well done
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks ladies! and thanks Kaitey for re-posting the pics.
    I'm planning on getting my second lobes re-done at some point, they're a bit too low and I haven't used them for at least 15 years. would be nice to get third ones done and wear a three turn spiral in them but lets get this baby healed first!

Morning of day 2:

went to sleep and woke up on opposite side but husband said he saw me asleep on it. never would have known as its not really sore. aches a little bit now and then, thats it.
    it hasn't bled at all yet and no crusties. swelling has gone down a little.
    I still havent touched it but will shower later on, won't be as hot a shower as I usually have but dont want to antagonise it.
    Yesterday I felt like I should be cleaning it but as there was nothing to clean it seemed pointless.

Day 3.
    rinsed it yesterday in the shower which was fine. woke up on it this morning and found I had a little bit of dried blood which I cleaned off as gently as I could with ss.
    its now a bit swollen round the front bar which I know is normal. also still a bit swollen at the back. auricle did swell a bit at first but seems to have gone down.
    generally my ear feels fine, no pain, just tenderness in the piercing when cleaning. ear feels a little warm every now and then.
    Pics are pretty same-y to the first ones but good to document in case along the way something starts going wrong.
    Again, remove the @ symbol

http:@//s609.photobucket.com/user/Lucemcspruce/media/Conch/20130421_100342.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
    http:@//s609.photobucket.com/user/Lucemcspruce/media/Conch/20130421_100633.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

day 4.
    late on day 3 I rinsed it again in the shower and I think I was a bit aggressive as I woke up with quite a lot of dried/congealed blood which was very annoying as it was Monday and my first day at work since I had had it done. I had also woken up late so didnt have time to bathe it properly so I did a SS and then dipped some tissue in it and plugged it (very gently) around the piercing so it could sink in a bit while I was getting ready.
    That worked well and most of it just dissolved away. I rinsed it off with clean water and very gently dried it. It bled very very slightly but I left it alone after that.

Day 5
    woke up to no blood whatsoever and its feeling really good. I've had no real aching at all so far and just a little bit of warmth now and then, but it doesnt feel warm to the touch and its not red either.
    I've not touched it today at all, I think it likes to be left alone!

I'm really loving it now

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I will be following the diary closely because I want to get a conch sometime too Please keep the diary up! Happy healing
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Hi Niki
    i've been following your thread too
    your helix looks great and i'm sure a conch would look super in your ear, are you thinking of having it in the other ear or the same one as the helix?

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    Hi Niki
    i've been following your thread too
    your helix looks great and i'm sure a conch would look super in your ear, are you thinking of having it in the other ear or the same one as the helix?
    Thank you very much!! I am thinking of having the conch on the other ear, which only has two lobes, a bit apart from each other- I think that it will look awesome with a ring or a twisted barbell (Later, of course, it will be pierced with a straight barbell first)
    Thank you for liking my helix again! You should get one too Mine will become a double later as well!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast