Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ford's conch diary!

It looks great! Congrats! Conches are on my list of piercings to get, so I'm excited reading your experience.

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

thank you very much! and you're in luck witchywoman as its now day 13 and still nothing to report!
    it has swelled ever so slightly, but I only know that cos my labret is quite short so a milimetre less of bar is easy to notice!

i know I sleep on it by accident but its not hurting or bleeding or anything for that matter. I havent touched it for days but do have a look at it via pictures and by using two mirrors to check its ok. Its almost slightly worrying as its literally not doing anything at all, not even itching!!
    Last edited by Ford Prefect; 05-01-2013 at 11:40 AM.

LOL! I am glad I am in very good company then. I study people's ears wherever I go. love the jewellery link that you posted as well. So lovely. I do have a conch on my list of things to talk to my piercer about once I get some piercings I have recently retired redone. I am thinking of getting it done on my right ear with mt Daith & helix as I don't sleep on that side & I am currently in the early stages of healing a rook & tragus on the left!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    haha I've also found myself looking at people's ears since I joined the forum. last night I was inspecting my husband's ears and saw he literally has nothing where a daith would go. not that he wants any piercings but I found it interesting to look and consider what might fit/look nice. its certainly alot easier than looking at your own ears!
    I'm glad you're managing around the helix, its so awful when you knock it, especially really early on. I always apologise for doing it!

I want the daith more but it depends on how well the conch heals. I might be a bit tired of healing cartilage by the end of it and do second lobes next as obv they're easier/quicker to heal.
    so will a conch be your next one then?
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    LOL! I am glad I am in very good company then. I study people's ears wherever I go. love the jewellery link that you posted as well. So lovely. I do have a conch on my list of things to talk to my piercer about once I get some piercings I have recently retired redone. I am thinking of getting it done on my right ear with mt Daith & helix as I don't sleep on that side & I am currently in the early stages of healing a rook & tragus on the left!
    I honestly had never really realised just how different people's ears are until I started becoming interested in piercings. they're like fingerprints!
    That jewellrey is obviously anatometal and hideously expensive, BUT when/if I get my daith done I would love a matching set. for something you wear all the time I think the money can be justified. plus I would probably just get a single stone with complimenting colours as I want something I can sleep in confortably.

conchy has been super well behaved (touch wood) as you can see from my diary. how is your rook healing? I imagine them to be pretty painful but I think getting two on one ear around the same time is the way to go to avoid two lots of healing

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    LOL! I am glad I am in very good company then. I study people's ears wherever I go.
    Hahaha, that makes three of us then! XD
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Double conch has to be my favourite type of piercing - although the noise of it as you are being pierced is not nice!

Quote Originally Posted by XKawaiiPandaX View Post
    Double conch has to be my favourite type of piercing - although the noise of it as you are being pierced is not nice!
    didnt make a sound for me! and I am considering doubling it up at some point

didnt make a sound for me! and I am considering doubling it up at some point
    Same here, none of my several ear cartilage piercings ever made a sound but I know some say they hear one.

I'm thinking of a double on my left soon
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I'm thinking of a double on my left soon
    oh you should totally do that! doubles look awesome, i'd like two rings but we'll see

Day 14
    Last night I forgot about it and hugged my friend on the 'wrong' side, her head squished up against the bar and it did hurt a bit, that was the first time i've done anything like knocking it.
    Luckily I was then leaving and as it was 10pm the walk home was lovely and cool on my ear. got in to find it hadnt bled or anything, phew!

looks totally normal today so no harm done

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Day 14
    Last night I forgot about it and hugged my friend on the 'wrong' side, her head squished up against the bar and it did hurt a bit, that was the first time i've done anything like knocking it.
    Luckily I was then leaving and as it was 10pm the walk home was lovely and cool on my ear. got in to find it hadnt bled or anything, phew!

looks totally normal today so no harm done
    Aw, man, the dreaded "hug from the wrong side"... I know the feeling. So annoying to have to remember to change sides when you are going for a hug!
    It's great that it's doing well!!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast