Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ford's conch diary!

wow double helix you brave lady! I'd like to have three lobes both sides and wear a spiral through the bottom two and then a lovely little stud in the third... (daydreams about jewellrey)
    The jury is out on a helix, I still go cold when I remember my first helix experience.
    Conches are really easy to wear and seem to suit everyone. its so out of the way that its really easy to keep it safe. i've not bumped it or caught it on any clothing yet. Most people i've shown says its unusual but then I dont really know anyone who has anything beyond the normal lobes!

Secretly I want a daith in my left ear as my next cartilage but I dont want one if its going to be too shallow so we'll see what my piercer says once this is mostly healed

Day 6
    Last night I rinsed it again in the shower but more gently this time. I also noticed that the ball had been pushed back which allowed me to see behind it properly for the first time.
    Its got a labret back and behind behind my ear it was nigh on impossible to see when it was pushed forward and it looks fine so happy with that.
    it also meant I knew it would come forward again so after it was rinsed and warm from the shower I ever so gently pushed the back in so I could see all round the front ball and it all looked fine.
    this morning there was no blood at all! still no lymph either.
    No point in pics as it really hasnt changed at all.

I must say I have been really pleased by how little it's swelled. the bar is quite short compared to others i've seen and I was a little concerned at the time that it didnt leave enough room for swelling but i've always had room on the bar plus its never got caught on anything so I'm assuming the piercer knew what he was doing and got it just right!
    I'm really glad I went to a different piercer this time. the one I went to for my tongue was good and efficiant but I didnt warm to him and felt a little like my questions were taken like a criticism.
    I think i'll stick with the new one

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    wow double helix you brave lady! I'd like to have three lobes both sides and wear a spiral through the bottom two and then a lovely little stud in the third... (daydreams about jewellrey)
    The jury is out on a helix, I still go cold when I remember my first helix experience.
    Conches are really easy to wear and seem to suit everyone. its so out of the way that its really easy to keep it safe. i've not bumped it or caught it on any clothing yet. Most people i've shown says its unusual but then I dont really know anyone who has anything beyond the normal lobes!

Secretly I want a daith in my left ear as my next cartilage but I dont want one if its going to be too shallow so we'll see what my piercer says once this is mostly healed
    Haha, I wish! Double helixes (helices?) aren't that brave, other people get triple ones or industrials, which are the brave ones in my book XD I would put an industrial in my plans, but I don't think my ear is suited for it *cries forever*
    The spiral plan sounds great, you should do it! ;D The daith, too. Would you prefer a ring or a barbell in it?
    Conches must be a little unusual, I have only seen *one* person in real life with a conch, while I see helices and traguses (tragi?) every day. I so want a conch too!
    Yay for no blood and lymph!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    Haha, I wish! Double helixes (helices?) aren't that brave, other people get triple ones or industrials, which are the brave ones in my book XD I would put an industrial in my plans, but I don't think my ear is suited for it *cries forever*
    The spiral plan sounds great, you should do it! ;D The daith, too. Would you prefer a ring or a barbell in it?
    Conches must be a little unusual, I have only seen *one* person in real life with a conch, while I see helices and traguses (tragi?) every day. I so want a conch too!
    Yay for no blood and lymph!
    oh deffo a ring for the daith. I only want one if it can be set deep enough so you can't see the holes really easily so a bar would be pointless really.
    IMHO any helixes are brave, its just cos of my own experience but they can get bumped quote often, putting hair behind your ear, putting clothes on etc. and that kind of puts me off :( but never say never!

I also think industrials look very cool and although I have very pronounced folds at the top of my ears so I think it should be possible, I think it would look really big in my very small ears, i'm going slowly with the 'less is more' attitude ATM, but we'll see.

Conches are quite unusual here too. in fact I dont remember ever seeing anyone with one IRL but maybe I just didnt notice. like you say helixes and traguses (tragi? - yes I think so!) I see all the time. Maybe conches will get more popular and maybe tragi and helixes are seen as being more of a 'pretty' place to pierce. Conches can be sooo pretty though, look at this lovely picture: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...83670493_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect View Post
    oh deffo a ring for the daith. I only want one if it can be set deep enough so you can't see the holes really easily so a bar would be pointless really.
    IMHO any helixes are brave, its just cos of my own experience but they can get bumped quote often, putting hair behind your ear, putting clothes on etc. and that kind of puts me off :( but never say never!

I also think industrials look very cool and although I have very pronounced folds at the top of my ears so I think it should be possible, I think it would look really big in my very small ears, i'm going slowly with the 'less is more' attitude ATM, but we'll see.

Conches are quite unusual here too. in fact I dont remember ever seeing anyone with one IRL but maybe I just didnt notice. like you say helixes and traguses (tragi? - yes I think so!) I see all the time. Maybe conches will get more popular and maybe tragi and helixes are seen as being more of a 'pretty' place to pierce. Conches can be sooo pretty though, look at this lovely picture: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...83670493_n.jpg
    Ah, I was really worried about that too when getting the helix, and it was a little difficult in the beginning, but you get used to it after a while! I have trained myself to put on clothes without the neckline touching my right side, brushing only the outer layers of my hair on the right side, that kind of thing XD I have gotten used to it now, though. What I haven't gotten used to yet is that I can't throw myself on my bed :(
    I am a piercing maniac even though I don't have many myself, so I always look at other people's ears when out of the house, especially when shopping! I can officially report that I have only seen a girl at a bookshop with a conch piercing- it was an actual piercing and not an ear cuff for sure because she had a barbell and not a ring.
    Yes, you can say I'm addicted Good luck to the both of us for future piercings!! Which one is the one that you would like first? The daith or the lobes?
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

Tattoos

Tumblr // Instagram

haha I've also found myself looking at people's ears since I joined the forum. last night I was inspecting my husband's ears and saw he literally has nothing where a daith would go. not that he wants any piercings but I found it interesting to look and consider what might fit/look nice. its certainly alot easier than looking at your own ears!
    I'm glad you're managing around the helix, its so awful when you knock it, especially really early on. I always apologise for doing it!

I want the daith more but it depends on how well the conch heals. I might be a bit tired of healing cartilage by the end of it and do second lobes next as obv they're easier/quicker to heal.
    so will a conch be your next one then?

day 7
    nothing to report really! hasn't bled since day 4.
    The slight swelling on the back has reduced, it all looks totally normal now (or from what I can tell. I didnt spend much time looking at the back of my ears before so all I can do it compare it to the other one)

its all going really well. still no lymph at all.
    I haven't cleaned it since day 5, just leaving it alone.

so a pretty boring diary for you all but a happy one for me!

day 8
    another yawn-worthy post!
    no blood, no lymph. piercing looking a bit dry around the hole this morning but I am a super dry person anyway and my ears can get a little flaky at the best of times. I've hardly touched it, given it a little bit of SS when it bled but rinsed it off afterwards so i'm sure salt isnt the problem.
    I've been avoiding putting anything on it at all as far as moisturising goes, and I dont actually want to touch it as I am rather clumsy and liable to prod myself so i think i'll just leave it for a bit and see.

Boring and yawn-worthy is good! It's great that it's doing well
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings

Tattoos

Tumblr // Instagram

Day 9
    same as before

Day 10
    some slight aching and warmth today which I think was down to the stress of having to write an essay i've had 4 weeks to do in one day!
    I guess the aching is normal but after 9 days of sweet FA it did wee on my camp fire a little bit. did the tissue soaked in SS and pushed gently into the shell of my ear so it had a little soak. no bleeding or lymph so still pretty happy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast