Thread: Nipple Piercing Diary

Cool Nipple Piercing Diary

Hi, y'all! I figured I'd share my experience with everyone, because I know I wanted to read diaries before I got my piercings. I've been wanting my nipples pierced for a few years now, so I just decided to go for it!

Yesterday around 4pm, I called the local tattoo/piercing shop and asked if the piercer was in (he was). I asked my best friend to go with me, and so she drove to my house and picked me up. When we got to the shop, I was asked for my ID, signed the disclosure, and paid $50 for the two nipple piercings I was getting. He had me sit in the waiting area for a few minutes while he prepped the area, got the needles out, etc. When he was ready, he called me back to a little closed area. I asked "So, should I just lift my shirt up, or...?" Kind of awkward to ask, to be honest! He said yes, so I pulled down my strapless bra (figured it'd be easier than a normal bra) to my waist, and lifted my shirt. He wiped me with alcohol swabs, then marked me standing up with black ink pen. He had me sit in a chair for the actual piercing. I asked what gauge he was going to use, and he said 16G, and asked if I was okay with it (I have small nipples, so why not?). He clamped my left nipple first, then shoved the needle through. The pain really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was as if someone was pinching me very hard with their fingernails. I'd rate the paid maybe a 6/10, and it was only that strong while the needle was going through. He then put the jewelery in (struggled a bit) and moved to the next nipple, clamping and putting the jewelery in (no problems this time), but I did notice the piercing looked a little crooked. After a few hours, the piercing doesn't look crooked anymore, though! I thanked him, looked at a few of his tattoos in his portfolio, tipped him, and left.

As soon as I was done there, my friend and I went to a grocery store, and let me tell you, walking through the freezer section is bad enough without piercings, ha! The pain within an hour after was as if someone was constantly pinching my nipples.

A few hours later, I couldn't even feel the pain at all, save a few random bursts of the pinching feeling.

I didn't bleed at all during the piercing, but I did wake up this morning with a little bit of blood crusted around the right side of the bar on my right nipple. Scratched it off, washed my new piercings, and I'm going to go on with my day. Sleeping wasn't bad either, just a little tender. I tried sleeping on my back, but that just wasn't comfortable, ha! I'll be posting updates sometime for those who are interested.
    Last edited by DaisyDavis; 04-10-2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Edit to add more details
    Daisy

Left
    Helix 18G, Rook16G,
    First lobe 14G, Second lobe 16G, Third lobe 18G, Tragus 18G

Right
    Industrial/Scaffold 14G, First lobe 12G, Second lobe 16G, Third lobe 18G, Tragus 18G

Other
    Navel 14G, Nipples 14G, Tongue 14G

Retired

Smiley x3, Frowny x4, first lobes, tongue web x2, second lobe left x1, second helix

Bars or rings? Also 14g is supposed to be the minimum gauge for nipple piercings to prevent the "cheesewire" effect which can kickstart migration so keep a close eye on them.

Congrats though and hope they heal well for you
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Bars, of course. Yes, I know about the 14/16g controversy. Thank you!
    Daisy

Left
    Helix 18G, Rook16G,
    First lobe 14G, Second lobe 16G, Third lobe 18G, Tragus 18G

Right
    Industrial/Scaffold 14G, First lobe 12G, Second lobe 16G, Third lobe 18G, Tragus 18G

Other
    Navel 14G, Nipples 14G, Tongue 14G

Retired

Smiley x3, Frowny x4, first lobes, tongue web x2, second lobe left x1, second helix

Congrats! I hope they heal well for you!

Current piercings--14
    Retired--14
    Tattoos--2

Hi! I just got my left nipple pierced yesterday. I plan to get the other one done tomorrow as it's looking a bit lonely. Mine was a complete spur of the moment decision but I am madly in love with it already. I'm looking forward to comparing your experiences to mine!
    Why are piercings so addictive?

Currently have:
    3 x lobe piercings
    1 nose piercing
    Double helix piercing (LHS)
    VCH
    Tongue

Retired:
    Navel

Want:

Navel

I've been thinking about getting in done for a while, I'm liking the idea more and more recently and am definitely going to have to just do it