Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scaffold Problems, Please Help!

Default Scaffold Problems, Please Help!

Hello, so I got my scaffold pierced a couple of weeks back, and it's been playing up for about a week now, and it's taken a turn for the worst. It's swollen, and there's pus and bleeding whenever i clean it. It was pierced with two separate bars, the bar closest to my face is the one that I'm having problems with, and the bar has been changed twice to have a longer bar put into it so it had space. I've tried salt soaks but it doesn't seem to be helping. any advice?
    My Piercings -
    Left Ear: lobe 18mm + 6mm
    Right Ear: lobe 18mm + 6mm, Conch
    Others: nostrils + high nostrils (L/R), tongue webbing, tongue, philtrum, Labret, navel, nipples (L/R), 3mm septum

What do you mean taken a turn for the worse? Two weeks is still really early days for two cartilage piercings, they can play up for over a year.

What colour is the "puss"? How are you cleaning it? Any idea what material the bars are? Who changed the bar those two times?

If you could upload a picture to an image hosting site and link it here we could get a better idea of what it's looking like.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Swelling is normal, white or pale yellow fluid isn't pus and is also normal, bleeding not too much but it just depends. A piercing and 2 jewellery changes in 2 weeks means it's undergone a fair amount of trauma as well.

As above, a pic will help.

How much salt are you putting in your soaks?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I should have been more specific, i was pierced about three weeks ago, and it is titanium bars, my piercer changed them for me, and it's a yellow coloured pus. I've been cleaning it with saline solution and hot compress. I will upload a picture shortly.
    My Piercings -
    Others: nostrils + high nostrils (L/R), tongue webbing, tongue, philtrum, Labret, navel, nipples (L/R), 3mm septum

I have been putting 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in for my soaks
    My Piercings -

Pale yellow is fine, it's called lymph and is part of the healing process. Soaks should be 1/4tsp to 250ml water, any more and it will irritate it.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

ah okay thank you.
    My Piercings -

I can't post a link to my picture, (as i do not have enough posts) but if you go on photobucket, my username is caramel-bunneh there is a picture of it on there.
    My Piercings -

Quote Originally Posted by caramel-bunneh View Post
    I can't post a link to my picture, (as i do not have enough posts) but if you go on photobucket, my username is caramel-bunneh there is a picture of it on there.
    Miss the www/http off and/or put a gap in the URL

s1332. photobucket .com
    My Piercings -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast