Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Another helix piercing thread!

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Default Another helix piercing thread!

Hello, all! This is my first ever diary on here Hope I keep it up and I won't rant, haha.
    Today I got my 6th piercing, a helix one! It is really nothing much, just a helix, but it made me really happy I love it!
    Okay, my experience: I got the bus, walked to Crossover Studio, and got it done! It was my first piercing ever there, and everybody was really nice. My piercer in particular talked to me all the time to help me feel comfortable, and he was really fast. He also answered my questions without a problem.
    It didn't hurt much, and there was no crunching sound or anything, but it bled a lot. A lot. Now it's fine, but there's some dried blood and lymph (? so soon?) around it, so I will give it a sea salt soak later to clean it.
    Picture time!
    The helix is the new one, the tragus and the lobes are old.
    I am going to get another helix later on, but it will be a long time until then. I need it to heal nicely before getting more holes right next to it.
    What do you think, guys?

Day 2, not sore at all. It was only sore for 2 minutes after I cleaned it, now I can't even feel it. It's a little swollen from what I can tell, but other than that it doesn't feel "brand new" at all.
    I didn't have any problems sleeping either, thankfully!

It looks quite close to the edge of your ear could be picture angle though.

Happy healing!
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Glad it went well for you, agree with the above placement looks a bit off but it could be the photo, maybe post another?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

@redraven and starrynight: The picture is really crappy, I will try to take another right now!
    It may look close to the edge, but it is kind of pierced in an angle, I don't know how to explain it. There's definitely plenty of cartilage, though.
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 04-03-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Okay, let's see:
    And
    I don't know if these two show it off better! I think that the best picture would be one that shows both the front and the back, but it's hard taking pictures of your own ear D:

Day 3: Uneventful. The swelling went down a bit, and it only bled a little when I cleaned it for the night. There is no pain too, only when I touch it (and it lasts only as long as I am touching it, not afterwards) Oh, and when I say "touching" I don't mean with my hands, I mean the cotton swabs I use for cleaning
    However, I know that the moment I keep paying attention to it, something bad will happen. That happened with my tragus. I stopped babying it, and BAM, there comes the bump! Now I've learned my lesson. The bump only went away after 3 months.

Even though absolutely no one reads the diary, I'll keep it up. Day 6! Yesterday it hurt a lot for some reason, just like when it hurt when I got it done, even tough I didn't bump it or sleep on it. It was uncomfortable, but I guess that that is to be expected with helixes? Anyway, today, day 6, it is fine, I was even able to push the barbell a bit so as to clean around it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    Even though absolutely no one reads the diary, I'll keep it up.

Views: 300 - bit more than no one.

Glad it's going well!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Whoops, didn't look at the views! I only saw that there have been no new comments XD
    Okay, day 7 (tomorrow, Tuesday, it's going to be a week old! ): it still hurts at random times during the day, and now it is kind of white around it. Not a bump.. kind of like dried up white skin. That is normal, right?
    (Helixes hurt for a long time after you've had them done, I think? So I know that the pain is definitely normal, it's only been a week, for Chrissakes)

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast