Thread: New Nose Piercing: Healing correctly?

Default New Nose Piercing: Healing correctly?

So, I'm sure this is going to come across as super paranoid, but this was my first piercing so I'm just hoping to put my mind at ease. My nose piercing is about two and a half weeks old now. I follow all my piercer's suggestions to a T. I spray my piercing religiously with a saline solution a couple times a day. From what I can see, the skin directly around the hole, beneath the stud is pink. Does this healing seem on track?

I am worried, however, about creating scar tissue by the movement of the stud when I blow my nose. I try to be carefully, but sometimes the back of the l-shaped stud is pushed forward so it's hanging out of my nostril, so I have to push it back in. How do you guys with pierced noses deal with silly things like blowing your nose with a new piercing?

Any other recommendations for a successful healing process?

Thanks!
    Last edited by megmac; 04-01-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Piercing Novice

Quote Originally Posted by megmac View Post

I am worried, however, about creating scar tissue by the movement of the stud when I blow my nose. I try to be carefully, but sometimes the back of the l-shaped stud is pushed forward so it's hanging out of my nostril, so I have to push it back in. How do you guys with pierced noses deal with silly things like blowing your nose with a new piercing?

Thanks!
    Mine is no longer new but I still make sure that I pinch my nose with the tissue below the stud before blowing! It stops me pulling the stud out accidentally with the tissue. I've lost a couple that way!

Just be gentle when blowing your nose. Spraying it with saline won't do anything, you need to be soaking it or rinsing it in a warm shower.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I had a labret in mine, before I stretched it, so jewellery coming out wasn't an issue. I suffer from all year round allergies, so if I blew my nose it would constantly end up sore, so I tend to just wipe it.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.