Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scar treatments??

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I agree with this. The title isnt that self explanatory. As we are on a piercing site i assumed it would be piercing scars which is why i opened it as i have a few id like to be less noticeable. They may be just scars to you but to some as Nomos said the picture can be upsetting. They bring up a lot of thoughts/memories in me that id rather not think about. Id link the pictures so people can read the content and make the decisions themselves.
    You beat me to it, was just going to edit my post to add the title wasn't self explanatory. I've never self harmed, but do find the pictures rather emotional so can see how much they might effect someone that's been through it.
    Changed to links or trigger warning added to title would be a good idea.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Yeah, linking them would be good just in case someone finds it too emotional. But I do think Nomos that your post came across a little insensitive too; she's obviously overcome something and is being quite brave to post something like this.

Completely agree with the Dermablend ideas, applied well it's blooming fabulous stuff!

Long term, consider laser scar removal. I used a cream called Retin-A for my acne scars which really helped (prescription cream) but I'm not sure if it would be effective on other types of scars.
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

I don't have a problem with them but a trigger warning or linkys might be nice on a forum. Short term I say you are probably going to have to just cover them, but you could go ahead and start using something like Mederma. I used it on a few accident scars that were quite red and fresh looking after a few years. It worked a bit for the scarring, but really what it did wonders on was the color. It went from the deep red to a normal if a bit white skin color. They aren't very noticeable now.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Change the title- it's misleading. No offence but I didn't want to see this. I thought it was a piercing related scar query.
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Whilst I agree nobody has to look, the title doesn't make it obvious they're SH scars, I too assumed they'd be piercing scars and seeing images like that can trigger some people so it might be worth PMing a mod to add a trigger warning to e title or linking the pics and popping a TW in the text
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I have removed the photos, as mentioned this is a serious and sometimes debilitating illness and for some seeing photos like this can trigger problems.

As for the comparison to watching something gory on TV etc you will know that after 9pm TV shows are mainly aimed at adults, if there are to be scenes that could upset or trigger people they make an announcement before the show/film starts. Linking to photos, explaining they are self harm images and putting a TW (Trigger Warning) clearly at the top is the equivalent of this and that is what I would suggest the OP does.

This is an open forum who anyone has access to including children and people suffering from mental health issues, the title is misleading in the respect that most people would expect the scarring to be piercing related this is my decision for removing the photos and asking for links to be used and a very clear TW description of what the scars are.

If anyone has a problem with this you are more than welcome to PM me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by myhappymassacre View Post
    But I do think Nomos that your post came across a little insensitive too; she's obviously overcome something and is being quite brave to post something like this.
    I don't think it did, he had a reaction to something that triggered that response, he wasn't rude or insensitive. There are plenty of people on this forum who are struggling with MH issues and they are also (like every member) allowed to express their opinion. He gracefully bowed out and avoided an argument or debate on the subject, very polite and grown up in my opinion.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd definitely suggest dermablend. Just moisturise beforehand, this'll help the product sit better on the skin

:/

You've probably heard of bio oil, well, I'm too cheap for that! I use a much, much cheaper version called rescue oil. I found it in poundland and thought 'eh, why not, it's a pound' and it worked really well on my scars, I mean, you're still going to see them, but it faded them much quicker than they do naturally. Everyone's different, but I think it's definitely worth a try. You can find it online, I've also found it in Savers.

Also, for the rest of you, if you saw me on the street wearing short sleeves showing my scars, what would you do then? It's not something that can be 100% avoided 100% of the time.
    Last edited by samiDEE; 04-12-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Piercings:
    Navel, vertical labret Left ear: 1st lobe (16mm) 2nd & 3rd lobes, double helix, snug Right ear: 1st lobe (10mm), 2nd lobe (6mm), 3rd lobe (4mm), vertical industrial (2x conch) Retired: 1st lobes (gunned), helix

Tattoos:
    Dandelion + birds on right hip
    Key behind left ear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12