Thread: Bump under forward helix?

Default Bump under forward helix?

I got my forward helix pierced about three and a half weeks ago, and posted an initial thread about how it had swollen. Well that went down, and last week I noticed this weird bump forming underneath, as in in the skin under the jewelry but not in the actual piercing. I have read the threads about the "dreaded bump," but I do not think this is a keloid, it honestly looks like a pimple.

I have been cleaning my piercing at least once a day (sometimes I forget to do so until after I'm already out of the house for the day), and noticed that the bump seems to come and go. It had gone for a couple of days and popped back up last night. It is tender to touch, and I've continued to clean my piercing as I normally do.

I do not have enough posts to be able to post a link or a photo of my ear, so if you could copy/paste the below, it should take you to a picture of my piercing and the pimple-looking thing:

i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag126/TwylaSmith7777/P1020259_zps85a1703c.jpg

Basically, is this a keloid, or something else? Should I treat it as a regular "bump," or go a piercer for advice? Or just leave it be and hope it goes away? Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. And just as an FYI, my ear is not normally that shiny. =)
    Piercings - Nose, three in each lobe, inner conch each ear, cartilage each ear, and forward helix one ear. Used to have my belly button, but had to take out first due to rejection and second due to a weird pus bubble that formed around the top...

Tattoos - One on each foot, big toe, rib cage, lower back, shoulder blade, back of neck, behind ear.

No that's not a keloid.. Looks like a boil to me, although your piercer can tell you for sure.

If it is a boil, for the love of God, do not pop it ! I popped one and it didn't end well haha... They're caused by bacteria getting into a small pocket near the piercing (maybe you knocked it or slept on it and tore it slightly?) so keeping the piercing site clean is the way to prevent them. Sea salt soaks twice a day (don't forget!) will eventually get rid of that by drawing all the dirt and pus out.
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Mine is the exact same.except my bump is huge and won't go away or go down any
    Please help :(

I've had that twice since mine has been pierced. Its about 3months old

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

My helix gets one of these every time it is irritated in some way. Mine go away on their own after a day or two ^^
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

I don't have advice but youre not alone. It sucks to have a bump on a piercing.