Thread: Why do I love tattoos but not want one myself?

Default Why do I love tattoos but not want one myself?

Whenever I see a girl with tattoos, as long as they're classy I think it looks utterly beautiful. You know, seeing an attractive girl with a half sleeve or thigh tattoos...wow.

Is the fact I can't think of anything I would get that I'd want on my body for life a sign I shouldn't get a tattoo?

I'm not saying that I don't want them at all, just that off the top of my head, I can't think of anything I'm passionate enough about to have tattooed on me, or I'm simply not creative enough to make that decision.

But then surely, a lot of people with say, tribal designs and patterns didn't come up with them themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastsurvivor View Post
    Is the fact I can't think of anything I would get that I'd want on my body for life a sign I shouldn't get a tattoo?
    For now yes, if you change your mind then no. If you really want a tattoo then why not start thinking about what matters to you when it comes to a tattoo, you say you only like 'classy' tattoos (not sure what that means but you do so that's all that matters) so use that as a starting point and if any other aspects are important to you then try to incorporate them too.

Creativity and 'meaning' is a personal thing, some people pick flash off the walls and are happy, some have a quick random idea and are happy, some spend years thinking of an idea with tons of personal meaning and they're happy.

Like any modification, it's a personal thing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Creativity and 'meaning' is a personal thing, some people pick flash off the walls and are happy, some have a quick random idea and are happy, some spend years thinking of an idea with tons of personal meaning and they're happy.

Like any modification, it's a personal thing.
    Well said.

You can change you mind at any point.
    Joe
    Australia

HAVE:
    - L. tragus.
    - Many, Many, MANY scars...

WANT:
    - Tattoo on wrist.

- Another piercing, not sure what yet. Maybe this?

I say you shouldn't get a tattoo until you find something that you are absolutely certain that you want on your body for your whole life. I have two tattoos and will soon have a third, but I spent months thinking about each one of my tattoos before I actually got them done. It's a lifetime commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Sticks Chic View Post
    I say you shouldn't get a tattoo until you find something that you are absolutely certain that you want on your body for your whole life. I have two tattoos and will soon have a third, but I spent months thinking about each one of my tattoos before I actually got them done. It's a lifetime commitment.
    I have thought of something that has been 'with' me all of my life and that's music by a particular band...I've been listening to them since I was 8 years old, I'm now getting on for 26, they inspired me to take up piano and guitar and there's an iconic image of theirs that would look great as a tattoo...An artist has already looked into it for me and wants to book me in.

Once again though, I'm holding back...I did the same with my piercings...it's nervous jitters...I can't see why I WOULDN'T want this on my body for life, I don't see my passion for them waning any time soon. It's just finding the motivation to get out of my chair and hit the studio.

If you're unsure about whether you want something on your body for life, then don't get You sound like one day you might consider it but right now you can't imagine it. You never know, one day it might just hit you and there might be something that you want. I honestly wish I'd been more like you! I wish I'd been hesitant before I got all my tattoos because I wish I hadn't got any of them now!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    If you're unsure about whether you want something on your body for life, then don't get You sound like one day you might consider it but right now you can't imagine it. You never know, one day it might just hit you and there might be something that you want. I honestly wish I'd been more like you! I wish I'd been hesitant before I got all my tattoos because I wish I hadn't got any of them now!
    It's more a case of being unable to visualise it as you say. What, you regret getting tattoos?? Why?

Always think a long time before you decide To get something on your body for life my biggest regret was my first tattoo that I rushed into.