Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nose Piercing; scars?

Default Nose Piercing; scars?

hi c; I want to get my nose pierced eventually (not sure just regular nose piercing, double nostril, or septum) but I wasn't sure if they leave a noticeable scar when you take it out. Someone told me the younger you are the more likely you are to scar but I don't know whether or not thats true. If you know if it leaves a bad scar or not please reply! thanks in advance c:

oh & i was wondering how painful nose piercing are as well. most people have told me they're not bad but i just wanted to see if it was painful or not for others

All body mods should be seen as permanent imo. Even though jewellery can be removed you're still shoving something through your body, and to expect it to return to exactly how it was before would be naive (not saying you are, just talking generally :P ). Everyone is different, some will scar whilst some will not, so no one will be able to give you the answer I'm afraid.

All I can suggest is that if you're not happy with the idea of scars, maybe body mods are not for you :\ Or possibly stick to ones like a Septum, where even if they scar there are hidden away

ETA: And don't even start on pain topic, you can browse other threads to see everyone's opinions on that question
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Thanks!

Firstly, pain is relative and what is painful for one person will not be for another. The pain of a piercing lasts momentarily so if you want it, don't let the pain factor influence your decision. With regards to scarring, again everyone is different. You will have one person saying they have a very noticeable scar, and another will say you can barely see it.

I don't think age has anything to do with how badly you may scar, but I'm no expert!

I've never thought of it that way actually, thanks haha! & I didn't think age mattered either, they were probably just trying to convince me not to get piercings until I'm older which I'm doing, sort of. I want one for my 15th birthday, coming in October, but not sure what I want yet which is why I'm here

Damnit, I was too slow!

Definitely be sure about what you want before you get it, even though piercings can be removed, if you are worried about scarring, think long and hard because, as Nox said, it will never look the same after having something shoved through it!

depends on the person but if it does i doubt it will be very visible, nose piercings are very small, at least mine is.

I've had my right nostril pierced twice, and it's healed twice with no visible scarring. There's a small bump on the inside of my nostril, but you can't even notice from the outside.

That said, everyone is different. It might also be dependent on how you treat it.
    Piercings
    Current: Earlobes x2, left nostril. Retired: Right nostril x2, navel, multiple lobes. Future: VCH.
    Tattoos
    Wording on left thigh, love letters on right wrist, rainbow/clouds/footprint/name in memory of my son on right shoulder blade. Working on designing something in memory of my grandparents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast