Thread: Galway Tattoo Show

Default Galway Tattoo Show

It's on the 21st and 22nd September 2013 at the Radisson Blu Hotel.

I'm very interested in attending, especially since I live nearby. XD

Anybody else going to go from here?

Apologies if picture is huge.

Galway Tattoo Show - Facebook page.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Saw this on my FB feed. Shared by one of the local tattoo shops (AWOL). I'm hoping to go.

Had no idea you were from around here, RedBullBabe!
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    Saw this on my FB feed. Shared by one of the local tattoo shops (AWOL). I'm hoping to go.

Had no idea you were from around here, RedBullBabe!
    That's where I saw it too.

Yep. Loughrea. We did have a discussion about it once. Galway that is, but that was yonks ago.

Just thought it would be a chane as well to make a friend or two with similar interests maybe. I've lived here for ten years, but with being sick a lot during that time I've only made one friend; and I don't get out much, or have anywhere that takes my fancy. Lol.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

I'd like to go but I'll have moved to Spain by then.... shame
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Quote Originally Posted by Starry-night View Post
    I'd like to go but I'll have moved to Spain by then.... shame
    Oooh nooo! That's a shame, but also awesome! I imagine it would be lovely there.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    That's where I saw it too.

Yep. Loughrea. We did have a discussion about it once. Galway that is, but that was yonks ago.
    Ohhh... sorry I didn't remember! My memory is so poor. :/ For some reason it was in my head that you were from Northern Ireland.

Looking forward to the tat show though. Hopefully some other forum members will come. Just a shame there are fewer Irish members on here than before.

Ohhh... sorry I didn't remember! My memory is so poor. :/ For some reason it was in my head that you were from Northern Ireland.

Looking forward to the tat show though. Hopefully some other forum members will come. Just a shame there are fewer Irish members on here than before.
    Sorry for the late reply, my fingers are like frozen and sore. Hard to type with just one finger.

I was looking forwards to going with my son, but it's like €23/€26 euro for a weekend pass per person; so I'm not so sure now. I've never been to a tattoo convention before and not sure how big the one in Galway will be. But I'm a bit hesitant. I'm not made of money and don't really want to pay that much for my 14 year old to get in, and I can't leave him at home.

Then I would have to pay his bus fare both days. Then if I wanted something, I'm sure he would too, and I wouldn't be able to afford it. Grr!

I don't want to be paying out €65 odd for two days without coming away with something physical and just a memory. Not like I can take pictures without asking everyone's permission. Gah! I'm just not sure it would be worth it.
    Last edited by RedBullBabe; 03-29-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by RedBullBabe View Post
    I've never been to a tattoo convention before and not sure how big the one in Galway will be.
    Yeah, same boat. I had no idea it'd cost that much!
    Hopefully a few others will jump into the thread - unless it's a case of meeting a few folk there it may not be worth going after all.

Guys, come and join the craic haha

Yeah, same boat. I had no idea it'd cost that much!
    Hopefully a few others will jump into the thread - unless it's a case of meeting a few folk there it may not be worth going after all.

Guys, come and join the craic haha
    I know, I was kinda shocked there was just one flat price. I searched on their FB page to get it, from someone else that had asked, because my question to them went unanswered. I was surprised there was no child rate. I've always got tattoo mags and seen conventions advertised so know there's usually different rates.

I am going to keep an eye on their FB page and I'll post if there's any changes regarding prices at least.

Plus, like you said about going alone, personally I couldn't imagine wandering around the Radisson for a weekend with no cash and hoping a teenagers love of art would keep him entertained for that long. I just dunno. Lol. I don't get out much beyond once a week to pay bills and get food so it would be a big thing for me to go. Ha ha.
    ------