Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Concerts!

Default Concerts!

This is a thread about to discuss concerts. Best one you`ve seen, worst one you`ve seen, any interesting concert stories, which shows are you looking forward to seeing, who you haven`t seen but would like to, etc.

Bands I`ve seen: ACDC, Bon Jovi, Rush, Rolling Stones, Bif Naked, Tea Party, Guess Who, U2, Iggy Pop & the Stooges, Sonic Youth, the Pixies, Foo Fighters,Motley Crue, Buckcherry, Kings of Leon, the Killers, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Ozzy Osbourne, Sonic Youth, KISS, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots, and............... I`m sure there are others I`m forgetting.

The best one was the first time I saw Iggy & the Stooges. I mentioned this story in a thread in the Tattoo forum. That show was one of the inspirations behind my first tattoo. My friend Michelle and I went to the show, and our seats were in the very last row because that`s all we could afford. The venue was Massey Hall in Toronto, which is a pretty small and intimate venue. Four songs into the set, Iggy jumped off the stage, ran around the audience, and then invited fans to get onstage and dance with the band. We decided to make a run for it, so we ran all the way from the very last row to the very front row. It only took about 30 seconds, but by the time we got there, the stage was packed and security was holding people back. Oh well, we just watched the rest of the concert from front row! I was next to these two guys who kept elbowing me and knocking me over the whole time, but I was having too much fun to care. At one point, I was talking to Michelle about something, and mid-sentence she screams ``LINDA! LOOK OUT!`` I turn around, and see Iggy coming RIGHT FOR ME.He had been shaking hands with people in the front row, and Drunk and Drunker beside me grabbed him by the hands, gave him a yank, and he fell off the stage, landing on ME. At first I thought he jumped, but Michelle told me what really happened after the show. Thank God for my quick reflexes!

Worst concert: The Pixies, but that was due to my own stupidity. My friend and I got kicked out for smoking weed. We thought since it was an outdoor venue we might be able to, but that was not the case. I especially feel like crap about it because she passed away a year after that and never got another opportunity to see them. We just stood outside the venue and listened to the show.

Another cool concert story I have is when I went to see Virgin Music Fest in Toronto a few years ago. Foo Fighters headlined the first night, and Oasis headlined the second night. This was the show where Oasis got attacked onstage. I am a HUGE fan of wrestling, and literally ten minutes after walking into the gate on the first day, I spottedd Edge from the WWE about 50 yards away from me. Of course, I was with a friend who hated wrestling, and we had been smoking weed right before the show, so I was high as a kite when I saw him. My friend was trying to drag me in the opposite direction when I saw him, and I was like NO! WE HAVE TO GO THE OTHER WAY! I JUST SAW EDGE AND I HAVE TO SAY HI! He had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained while running as fast as humanly possible. My friend was like, OK, I am just gonna stay five feet away from you while you go over there. Anyways, he was super nice, I got my pic taken with him, and despite being stoned I was able to be cool. I just started talking to him about concerts I had seen and how much I was looking forward to seeing the Foo Fighters. And yeah, here is the pic I got with him:

So lets hear your concert stories!

I saw 'Dragonforce' when i was 14, the whole band came outside before the gig where everyone was waiting to get in and they just started doing autographs and taking photos with the fans. I got to meet my hero 'Herman Li' and i have photos of me with him somewhere, Sam from the band even made a joke with me when i asked him to sign my map of how to get to the concert. Once inside a band called 'Mendeed' opened the show, they were an awful live act but their cd's are awesome. Dragonforce came on after and it was an absolutley insane show, my ears were ringing for 3 days afterwards.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

First concert was when I was 11- Destiny's Child. And no, I'm not ashamed of it cos they're awesome

Since then I've seen a lot of bands. Green Day, Paramore and Kanye West and Jay Z in the 02. Biffy Clyro, Delerentos, The Coronas in the Ambassador. Then festival wise I saw Vampire Weekend, Stereophonics, the Coral, the Black Keys and Goldfrap at Oxegen 2011. Little Green Cars and Jape at Castlepalooza 2012. Recently I've seen Funeral Suits, First Aid Kit, Stiff Little Fingers. Asking Alexandria, While She Sleeps, Motionless in White (all in one show). And a bunch of others over the years I can't remember!
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

So jealous that you have seen Smashing Pumpkins they are my all time favorite band ever, They are doing a show in Charolette, NC in May and my hubby wants to take me for my bday. Not sure I will be able to go if he doesn't buy tickets like now since I will have to request for those days off work and the schedule for April is already being made.....

Lost track of all of the bands I've seen over the years, but Feeder are always amazing live for me and Muse when I saw them waaaay back in 2001 at Wolves Civic, I still get goosebumps thinking about it. Alice Cooper was awesome at Bloodstock last year, as were Slipknot at Sonisphere at 2011. Not many particularly interesting stories, although when I saw Stone Sour/Murderdolls back in 2003 my glasses went flying in the pit and everyone stopped to look for them for me haha! Good times.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Nicole: Not only did I see the Smashing Pumpkins in concert, but I actually got to meet Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin about ten years ago. They were doing an interview at a radio station in downtown Toronto, and the radio station was letting fans in to get autographs and get pictures. I wasn't able to get a picture of me and them together, but I did get close enough to be able to talk to them. They were both super nice. I was in high school when Mellon Collie was the biggest album in the world, and I had problems with depression back then, and I felt like a lot of the songs on the album were written about me, which helped me so much. I said that to Billy and thanked him for having such an impact on my life and he said "Oh no, thank you", and he looked really touched. Then I started asking him what it was like being on The Simpsons, and he said that they were in a recording studio the whole time, so it wasn't anything new for them. I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few famous people I really like, and have every single one of them be really nice to me, but my meeting with Billy was one of the more special celebrity encounters I've had.

The best concert I've been to was the Manic Street Preachers one-time-only National Treasures gig in London in December 2011. They played all 40 singles they've released since 1991 in one night and it was AMAZING. They have been my favourite band for almost half my life, and I desperately wanted to be there. So I got a loan and flew all the way across the planet just for this gig, and it was well and truly worth every single cent (or penny!) that I spent on it.

It was my third time seeing them, since they don't tour Australia very often - two tours in thirteen years. Their Australian gigs are wonderfully small (small enough we could hang out at the stage door and meet the band afterwards), but seeing them play to a stadium full of people was just amazing.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

RIP
    Left helix - 1999 - 2001
    Cleavage microdermal - 16/1/10 - 1/10/10

Tongue web - 26/10/10 - 26/11/11

Tattoo
    Rose on back - 22/6/12

I've only been to one concert in my life, and that was august burns red. I got my nose broken but it was worth it.

The first concert I've ever been to was Tool last January. They were my favourite band at the time. I went with the guy I was seeing at the time. And he just ruined everything for me. He was just a life sucking buzz kill. So that was unfortunatly the worst when it should have been the best.

Then I saw the RCHP in April of last year with my best friend. That was awesome. I wish I went to Tool with her instead.

I met Dirk Verbeuren at Soilwork in November '10. That was pretty sweet.

I can't say I've been to a bad gig to be fair - Black Dahlia Murder, Exit Ten, Gojira... All put on a good show. Only gigs I've not really enjoyed are the ones I played back at Uni. Pressure in front of peers and all that.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast