Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear piercing advice.

Red face Ear piercing advice.

This is my first post. I am currently deciding which ear piercing I would like & any advice would be appreciated. So basically, I've decided I really like the look of the rook piercing. I was considering the tragus for a while, but in all honesty it would bother me so much. The rook is neatly tucked away.. I currently have standard double lobes & a nose piercing. I don't like the look of the industrial/ helix are okay, but don't appeal to me all that much. I love the look of the auricle (I believe it's called) on the middle of the ear & I would love that & third lobes in the future. My main concern is I have quite small ears (too me, they seem small) & I'm worried that a rook piercing might not fit :/ I'm not going to ask about the pain for any of the mentioned piercings as everybody has a different pain tolerence.
    So... Any advice on the rook? It doesn't seem to be as common as other piercings. My mother won't be too keen on it, but i'm almost 18 so meh, I'll hopefully get it done once I'm 18. She tried to make me take my nose out, but legally I'm allowed blahblah.
    I hope all that made sense.. :/
    basically any related info/suggestions are appreciated, as I'm no expert. Oh & for anyone out there with a rook piercing, any tips/photos would be great!
    Cheers!

Piercing Novice

You sound like my piercing twin! I have a newish rook in my right ear with a double lobe and I love it. In fact it will be a double rook but I have to wait a couple more months for the second half. I was a bit put off by all the horror stories but my rook has been remarkably good. It hasn't bled or discharged or anything. In fact I tend to forget its there for much of the time. It has the odd sore day but that is about it.

I haven't caught or knocked it accidently and I love that it is so tucked away and easily hidden by my hair.

I did start a diary with some pictures - but it's dull reading so far I'm delighted to say!
    Last edited by Piercing Novice; 03-12-2013 at 01:30 PM.

If you use the search function or look in the experiences section you'll find lots of information. There's also a sticky post at the top of the aftercare section that explains how to look after a piercing.

Also make sure that you are anatomically suited to a piercing before getting your heart set on it and have an alternative in mind just in case you can't get what you want.

Finally you may find you get more answers if you post in the "Would this piercing suit me" thread in the general piercing section and post a photo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My ears are small - woman who pierced me even commented on how small mine and my mates ears were - but I managed a rook fine just go talk to a piercer if you're worried that you might not be able to have it done.

Just make sure you keep it clean - when I worked out how to use a shot glass to soak it I was far, far too happy - and you should avoid any major problems. My rook took a pretty hard kick (crowd surfers FTW) about 3 weeks in, and even that didn't do anything other than letting me know, REALLY letting me know, that I had a piece of metal in my ear.

But yeah, just talk to a piercer if you're worried you're not anatomically suited
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Thanke for the repiles, keep them coming

I have exactly what you described: double lobes, rook and auricle and my ears aren't that big:

Just go to a good piercer, see what they think. Should be fine though!
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

I have my first and second lobes, left auricle and right auricle and another about 1.5cm above that (kinda lower helix).
    I love having my auricle done! The rook piercing looks OK but personally I think I'd catch it a lot as I play with my ears haha. I agree that it's nice with it being neat and out of the way. I can imagine it'd hurt a bit!
    I'd deffo go with an auricle piercing but I guess I'm bias
    For the record, my Mum hates tattoos and piercings but I've just gone ahead and done it. When it comes to it, you're the one who goes through the process of getting it done, having it heal and enjoying it! When you're 18 don't be like "I'm 18, I can do what I want anyway" - that doesn't help your case haha!!
    Hope it all goes well and you love whatever you get

Have you thought about a daith piercing? You can get some really nice jewellery for them and they are easily hidden by hair.

I think they look good

Ah, I never heard that term for it before but it looks pretty cool (mostly on women but on some men too)

one thing to remember is that the piercer gets to choose the location of the rook and sometimes, depending on one's anatomy, it ends up getting placed really sort of inside of your ear and isn't that visible, which can be bothersome to some people since they actually want it to be seen. You could always talk to the piercer ahead of time and decide which you want once they tell you where it would be located.
    right ear: 3 lobe piercings, forward helix
    left ear: 3 lobe piercings, helix, conch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast