Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: my ear piercing trouble?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ortizmma912 View Post
    Who cares if they use a gun?
    Obviously not you, I won't be giving you any further advice seeing as you only want people to agree with your incorrect beliefs.

Hopefully one day you will educate yourself on body modification and the dangers of shop assistants who have 3 days training ramming unsterile, cheap jewellery into pieces of cardboard with a gun that also cannot be sterilised promoting cross contamination, spreading of blood bourne pathogens, blunt force trauma and many other issues you can google in 3 seconds to read about.

But hey, who cares if you get hepatitis, they still pierce your ears!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyspacegirl View Post
    Dear god child why would you ask for advice and then refuse to believe that the 'super moderator' of the forum knows what she is talking about over and above something told to you by someone who's actual job title is 'shop assistant' ?!?!
    Just to clarify, yes I am a super moderator but that means I look after the forum not that I am a professional, I do however know basic safety (and yes have studied modification for a few years so have a fair bit of knowledge) when it comes to piercing. There are more knowledgeable people on here than me.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Just to clarify, yes I am a super moderator but that means I look after the forum not that I am a professional, I do however know basic safety (and yes have studied modification for a few years so have a fair bit of knowledge) when it comes to piercing. There are more knowledgeable people on here than me.
    Yes but my point was that in order to be super moderator on a piercing forum you probably know more than a shop assistant

i can't really preach on being gunned as I survived the process when I was young and stupid myself but definitely do not put the cheap jewellery in too soon!!
    The name's Emily but you can call me Kitty.
    I love piercings tattoos and crazy hair colours.

currently have: 3 studs in each ear (2000, 2006, 2008)1st hole on left ear stretched to 3.2mm, right nostril (2008) and right helix (2012)
    Considering auricle and rook, both left

tattoo - frank turner lyrics
    would like: 7 butterflies on right forearm, a Phoenix on my right side and knowledge is power on left thigh. (Yes I'm sad and they all have reasons)

live fast and die old

I'l echo what they have said, in no way shape or form are assistants at Claires (or any other mall stall or hairdresser for that matter) piercers. They most likely spend a few hours watching a "how-to" DVD, versus the years and years of training & apprenticeships proper piercers undertake.
    Have you ever had a shitty Saturday job you knew and cared nothing about? Think of all the times you just blag / wing-it and give shoddy advice.

The guns they use are unsanitary and dangerous. This method is basically just shoving a blunt object through your flesh. Only new and sterile needles should be used, not only is this safer, but the way they cut into your skin is far less traumatic.

I really suggest you do some more research before getting any more, as you clearly know nothing. I would also suggest an attitude adjustment, if you come into a community and ask for advice, you might think about listening to it rather than dismissing everything that isn't what you want to hear.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyspacegirl View Post
    Yes but my point was that in order to be super moderator on a piercing forum you probably know more than a shop assistant
    Agreed, however I wanted to make it clear that mod doesn't equal "knows everything" nor does it mean anyone has to take my advice.

Many of us were uneducated at some point, then we either learned more ourselves or from others, just as this forum helps promote safety. However, not everyone likes to take that advice and that's their prerogative. As soon as I realise that I leave them to it.

But hey, who cares if you get hepatitis, they still pierce your ears!
    this should be the slogan for Claire's xD

(far far too amused)
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Thumbs up

Agreed, however I wanted to make it clear that mod doesn't equal "knows everything" nor does it mean anyone has to take my advice. .
    Yep probably best to point that out. This person is clearly confused enough as to what constitutes an expert
    The name's Emily but you can call me Kitty.
    I love piercings tattoos and crazy hair colours.

currently have: 3 studs in each ear (2000, 2006, 2008)1st hole on left ear stretched to 3.2mm, right nostril (2008) and right helix (2012)
    Considering auricle and rook, both left

tattoo - frank turner lyrics
    would like: 7 butterflies on right forearm, a Phoenix on my right side and knowledge is power on left thigh. (Yes I'm sad and they all have reasons)

live fast and die old

Okay Im not putting cheap earrings on right after i got them pierced. Its been like two months almost 3. I have $50 earrings on now, am i suppose to have like $100 earrings or what? And if the gun wasn't clean right Im pretty sure they won't ve able to pierce peoples ears then. But okay.

Price is irrelevant, it's the materials you need to worry about. Titanium/Bioflex labrets are hardly expensive. And the "joy" of guns is that they can be (and are!) reused.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSherwood89 View Post
    Price is irrelevant, it's the materials you need to worry about. Titanium/Bioflex labrets are hardly expensive. And the "joy" of guns is that they can be (and are!) reused.
    So what kind should i get?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast