Thread: Cartilage piercing in the wrong place - Can I take it out?!?!!?!?

Default Cartilage piercing in the wrong place - Can I take it out?!?!!?!?

So I got my cartilage pierced today. It's like 2 mm off from where I want it though...
    Can I just take it out? I don't want it to like heal all weird and be infected on the inside and then it'll be worse and blahh. Idk what's the safest thing to do. Should I just wait for it to heal around the piercing completely, then take out the metal and let the hole close, and THEN get it re-pierced where I want it?

I have a row of five piercings along the outer rim of my ear, spanning from my lobe to what I THINK is called the conch? (haha i dont really know.) two of them I got earlier and the other three I got today. The one that's supposed to be right in the middle of the row is too far down, and it's noticeable. I want to take it out, let it heal, and then pierce again so that it's perfectly centered. What's the best way to do this?

Oh and for whatever reason, this one happened to have quite a bit of bloody discharge right after it was pierced (none of the others did for whatever reason) although I cleaned it up.

Give it a soak in sea salt and take it out, no point in healing it if you don't like where it is :P
    -x-x-

Stacey ^^

"Creativity is the common culture of being a human being" - If a dog gets depressed, it won't drink whiskey or listen to Radiohead.

I have: Lobes x 3, Conch, tragus, daith, double forward helix, navel, VCH + 1 Tattoo

Retired: Helix (twice) :'(

Yep just take it out, clean hands etc. Give it a salt soak and keep the area clean for the next week or so.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Toofwess View Post
    Give it a soak in sea salt and take it out, no point in healing it if you don't like where it is :P
    This but the other way, remove then soak and leave. Do make sure however it's not swelling making it look off.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'd probably soak both sides tbh, soak before to remove/soften crusties and make the jewellery slide out then soak after to give it a good clean.

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    I'd probably soak both sides tbh, soak before to remove/soften crusties and make the jewellery slide out then soak after to give it a good clean.
    Good call! ^__^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If in doubt, soak it!!

Now
    philtrum. tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I'm trying to figure out if my piercing is in the wrong place too :/