Thread: Tragus Piercing Placement - Question.

Default Tragus Piercing Placement - Question.

Okay dokay,

First off, hey there forum! New here so sorry if I post in the wrong spot and what not, Australian male for those that were wondering, just got a couple of questions about my tragus piercing.

Okay so I got it about a week ago. The piercer said to get it higher up because of the shape of my tragus, and this has been worrying me a bit. I have attached some pictures of it, it looks ok to me from the side, but from the front it looks quite a lot higher up than a normal tragus.

imgur . com/a/cxZAS (sorry I can't post links yet, just delete the spaces and copy + paste)

Sorry if the pictures are hard to see, I will take some more if they don't do the trick.

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Second question, when will I be able to swim with it? I have seen a variety of differant answers to this and a solid one would be rad.

Third and final, is my current schedule of cleaning it 2x a day with saline solution (with a cotton bud) acceptable?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Oh that is high up! How weird. Did they mark it in that spot and let you see it before piercing?

Wiping it with a damp cotton bud really isn't ideal, you should either soak it (immerse it) or just rinse it really well in the shower.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeh they showed me, but as it was my first piercing I kinda just thought, oh well, they know best, It doesn't look terrible I hope...
    I think the piercer said something about it being a hassle later on if I got it lower... I can't remember...
    Oh and I do rinse in the shower

keeponsingin

That is quite high...but at the same time, the placement looks like you would have room for a double, if you wanted.

In terms of cleaning and aftercare, there are 2 main methods:

1) Soak 1-2x/day with a warm sea salt solution
    2) LITHA (leave it the hell alone)

Personally, with my piercings, I'm very hands off and LITHA, pretty much only rinsing them off in the shower.

Posting for you (:

That does look really high up.

If that was me and I only wanted a single I would get it re-pierced to be more central. It looks seriously off :\
    However keeponsigning made an excellent point!! I would totally get a double put there, it would look beyond awesome

ETA:

Just for some comparison here's mine

My tragus looks much smaller than yours, but it's central which I love.
    But bare in mind it's all personal taste. If you like where you have it now as a single, then no reason to change it just 'cause it's "usually" a bit more central (:
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 03-02-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Thanks for your help everyone, I have decided to just keep it in, I saw my girlfriend last night and she liked it, and I am ok with were it is, so all is good Thanks for the repost Nox, appreciate it.
    As for the cleaning, that helped me a lot, will use those tips from now on.
    Does anyone know when I can start swimming? Been about 1.5 weeks since I got it done.

Make it a double!
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Faye has an excellent point! It's perfectly placed for a double! (which makes me v. jealous!)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Thanks all, I will think about the double, I kinda wanna get something else other than that, any ideas? I know its hard without a picture of my whole face but any ideas would be appreciated.
    Joe
    Australia

HAVE:
    - L. tragus.
    - Many, Many, MANY scars...

WANT:
    - Tattoo on wrist.

- Another piercing, not sure what yet. Maybe this?