Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Men with tongue piercings, any problem?!

Cheers for your positive feedback, I've decided to go ahead with it sometime in the next few weeks

I kind of enjoyed getting my lip and my nose pierced, it felt like I was caring for a little baby or kitten or something on my face. I'm not looking forward to being stabbed through my tongue and not being able to speak/eat normally for a week though.

I am straight, single, and 40 in the next few weeks, my experience is some people like it some don't - if you're really worried and going on a date you can always remove it beforehand (cheating I know). However if you want it I'd go for it - sod those that don't like it, it's a nice piercing to have and as everyone keeps saying your body in any event.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

My other half has his tongue pierced, tbh unless he sticks his tongue out you can't even notice he has it done. Speaking should be fine, with mine the swelling kicked in the next day and I was lisping a teeny bit but plenty of cold drinks/ice lollies and ibuprofen soon brought that down. And eat properly as soon as you can, you'll just find you have to eat a bit slower than usual at first hehe.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Quote Originally Posted by Unassuming View Post
    I am straight, single, and 40 in the next few weeks, my experience is some people like it some don't - if you're really worried and going on a date you can always remove it beforehand (cheating I know). However if you want it I'd go for it - sod those that don't like it, it's a nice piercing to have and as everyone keeps saying your body in any event.
    and most likely lose it. Tongue piercings close up VERY fast, even if they're fully healed.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    and most likely lose it. Tongue piercings close up VERY fast, even if they're fully healed.
    This, also why remove it? Makes no logical sense to me, if someone doesn't like you because you've got a tongue piercing then why try and trick them into thinking you don't have one?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My tongue piercing comes out for the dentist, some people like it some people don't - it depends how much you worry about the opinion of others mostly I don't, however were it to being an impediment to a potential relationship out it would come.

M

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    This, also why remove it? Makes no logical sense to me, if someone doesn't like you because you've got a tongue piercing then why try and trick them into thinking you don't have one?
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 2.4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel rejected, o smiley/frenulum 1.6mm

I can understand for the dentist although many won't mind unless they're x-raying you.

But if I was going on a date there's no way I'd remove my piercings just in case they didn't like them, they have to like how I look end of. Where would it end? Change your hair? Your clothing style? Your job? House? Dreams for the future?

I wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I had to change who I was and what I like, it's doomed to fail imo.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

In general terms I agree with you - lies don't work, however I suppose most of us to some degree seek to be liked and will go a distance in this cause. Certain things I'd be straight about - past relationships, certain things like salary I'd try to place in their best light.

Anyway this is getting away from tongue piercings - if you want one go ahead, it's not forever and having one is interesting and for me enjoyable too.

I'm straight and upfront about everything, I see no need to lie or conceal anything but as you say, we're all different.

To the OP, did you get it done yet? Make sure to write up a diary or share your experience

I personally think, you'll be fine. I've always wanted one, but then realized, it'd be extremely hard to keep that hidden from someone at my job. Especially if I have to talk, quite a bit. Having a swollen tongue won't do the job. Haha, other than that, I think you'll be fine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast