Thread: earring question

Default earring question

Hi, I'm thinking about getting my ear pierced. I like pierced ears and I have friends who have them pierced. some of them have tiny dots (actually invisible) but others have large dots that don't look good on a guy if you take the jewelery out. I want to get it pierced but I don't want a large hole. Does it depend on your body? the gauge of the needle? gun or needle? what does it depend on?
    I don't know the gauge they often pierce, but I thing the smaller the best,isn't it? can you choose when getting an ear pierced?
    Thanks a lot

Definitely go for a needle over a gun. Heal the piercings with some proper body jewelry such as titanium labrets or straight barbells, and you can wear normal earrings when they're healed. The smaller the needle the smaller the hole will be. You'll probably want 20G, or 18G if your piercer doesn't have anything that small.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Why are you basing your question on what a piercing is going to look like once you've taken it out?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

because I want the piercing, but I know that I will take it out sometimes when it's healed, so I don't want to have a big hole. I've seen people with tiny and big holes on ears and I don't know what it's due to. And if you could give me some advice on how to pierce it or how to heal it so that it doesn't develop a big hole I would appreciate it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexg View Post
    because I want the piercing, but I know that I will take it out sometimes when it's healed, so I don't want to have a big hole. I've seen people with tiny and big holes on ears and I don't know what it's due to. And if you could give me some advice on how to pierce it or how to heal it so that it doesn't develop a big hole I would appreciate it. Thanks
    If you have it done at a standard gauge the most that you'll be left with is a tiny indent. When you see large holes it's because people have stretched their ears to quite some degree and taken their jewellery out.

So yeah unless you're planning on stretching the piercing once it's healed then you'll be left with virtually nothing once you take it out.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

ok. I will get it dont at standard gauge. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alexg View Post
    ok. I will get it dont at standard gauge. Thanks!
    You're welcome, I hope it all goes well for you