Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey i need some advice about my lip piercing

Default Hey i need some advice about my lip piercing

I've had the lip percing on my bottom lip for 3 weeks now and they said i have to keep this captive bead ring in for a while? its healing up pretty well and im just wondering if i could change it at home say if i bought a proper lip ring without the bead on it. if you want pictures i can post if it'll help. But ye it stands out quite a lot and i want to get a tight fitting ring asap

Ideally you want a bar for healing as a ring will delay this. But you can downsize after 1-2 weeks so 3 is fine. You may find however that if you put another ring in it, it may swell and you'll have to put the larger one back in, hence why they should be done with bars for the healing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

oh right really? how come the bar is better? and why didnt they do that for me XD. ye i forgot to mention i downsized a week ago so after 2 weeks, they changed it and put a slightly smaller one in. what would be the best way to change it at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    oh right really? how come the bar is better? and why didnt they do that for me XD. ye i forgot to mention i downsized a week ago so after 2 weeks, they changed it and put a slightly smaller one in. what would be the best way to change it at home?
    A ring twists and spins through the piercing delaying the healing process and irritating the piercing, this in turn extends the length of time you will have swelling or other symptoms of healing.

Not sure what you mean by the best way to change it at home? Is it really too big? Post a pic, miss the www/http off the url.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

[IMG]/a/img607/3323/insidelip.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]/a/img200/7/sidelip.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]/a/img96/9159/sidelip1.jpg[/IMG]

this probably wont work ha. i got this ''To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 7 posts.'' tried taking out the website info but..

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    [IMG]/a/img607/3323/insidelip.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]/a/img200/7/sidelip.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]/a/img96/9159/sidelip1.jpg[/IMG]

this probably wont work ha. i got this ''To be able to post links or images your post count must be 20 or greater. You currently have 7 posts.'' tried taking out the website info but..
    No you need to upload to a hosting site like Imgur and then post the URL like this hereismyphoto .com

imgur.com/VdwugNS

ok im retarded. i used that imgur site but if i take the site away it just says the code for my image

Can see it fine, but can't see your piercing properly as you're pulling at your lip...so no idea if the ring is too big or whatever but if you feel it's too big, try a smaller ring and see how you get on with it.

There's no need to take the site away just post without a www or http as you have done and it's fine.

If you think it's too big, downsize. It won't be doing you any favours if it's too big.. + if you're gonna change it yourself make sure you know how to because you don't want to spend forever messing around with your lip and annoying the hell outta it.

ye so i guess you have to wait til its fully healed before changing right? its been in the same state for about a week now it doesnt feel like its healing much more :/ sometimes throughout the day i get a little piece of scab like attaching to the front of the ring where the hole is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast