Thread: Question about stretched ears

Default Question about stretched ears

Hello all. So, I'm currently stretching my ears. I plan on going to 0g or 00g. I'm just at 8g right now. I want to stretch a second set of holes in my ears, so I would have two stretched holes in one ear lobe. I already have a second set of holes in my lobes that I could stretch, but I think they are too close to the hole I'm already stretching.

So, my question is if I should get my ears re pierced and have them farther away from my first set of lobe holes, or if what I have already is fine. Again, I want my first set of lobes to be 0g or 00g, and I was thinking of having the second set of lobes at 6g, 4g, or 2g at the most.

Included is a link to a picture of my 8g ears (without the O-ring on it), and the second hole. Thanks in advance for the help guys! (the link is missing the "http" and the colon and two slashes that follow, so just add that at the beginning to make the link work. My post count isn't high enough to post links and stuff >_< )
    img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/pashnekwa/Picture34.jpg

I would stretch your firsts first, and see how your seconds are doing as you go. Once you're at your final size, then you can evaluate the placement of your seconds and decide from there if they should be repierced.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

I reckon you'll be fine tbh they're not that near to one another. But I echo the advice above to see what happens to your ears as you go along.

Also what do you have in your ear there? *hopes it's not a plastic taper...*
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's an acrylic taper. So... yeah, plastic? I got it from the online store on this website actually

Quote Originally Posted by Pashnekwa View Post
    It's an acrylic taper. So... yeah, plastic? I got it from the online store on this website actually
    Tapers aren't meant to be worn as jewellery, they're designed to open up the lobe once it's ready to go up 1mm and then be followed with good quality jewellery. Also acrylic should'nt be worn in fresh stretches or for any long length of time as it is porous, breaks down and can causes irritation and form allergic reactions.

Have a read of our stretching guide here.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Tapers are tools, not jewellery and acrylic should not be worn in a fresh stretch because it's poo.

As far as stretching your ear goes, take your time and see what it looks like as you get closer to your goal size.
    I had to retire my 2nds cos they got too close, I got them repierced higher up and stretched to 5mm.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Have you considered a wooden stretcher? I have a wood tunnel and its the best material I've used.
    Current:
    Tragus x2
    Nostril x1
    Septum x1
    Lip x3 = Snakebite + Labret
    Ear left Lobe x3 + Helix x1
    Ear right Lobe x3 + 8mm Tunnel
    Tongue x1
    Dermals x2 on right temple
    Navel x1

Retired:
    Dermal on neck

Want:
    Medusa
    Cheeks

Tattoos:
    10 separate various places
    1 Sleeve right arm
    Full back

^ Wood isn't really recommended for fresh stretches as it's porous. Stick to glass, Ti or steel.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm thinking I will just wait untill I've gotten my first set of lobes to my ideal size, then get my second holes re pierced.

As for using tapers, I can't really afford to be spending a large amount of money on different material stretchers. 20-30 dollars on each size of taper and stretcher seems a little steep for me. If it does help though, I take the tapers out often and clean off all the cheese and gunk and rinse my ear hole with saline and rub some tea tree and vitamin E cream on it

It won't help sadly no, tapers shouldn't be worn as jewellery, if you can't afford to stretch then you'll have to just accept the consequences sadly.