Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swollen nipples

Unhappy Swollen nipples

I got both my nipples pierced on August 31st and so far, only my right one has healed. Ever since the second day of my piercings, the left one has been swollen and the swelling has not gone down since. I'm worried that it'll remain this way forever. The piercing itself is giving me a hard time, and is also moving a little diagonal, but it's not very noticable. It's really sore sometimes, and sometimes I even get breast pain on my left breast... although I'm not sure if that's from the piercing itself. I do sea salt soaks once a day, and I when showering I use nonscented Dove soap. I'm scared that it's gonna migrate, or that I will have to take it out because I really don't want to pierce it again.

Help? :(

Oh, am I allowed to post pictures of my nipples on this forum? I think it would be better if I showed you guys..

I would stop using soap to clean as it can be too harsh and stop worrying too much about it. You've only had it done for 6 months so it could take up to another year and a half to fully heal.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

What jewellery do you have in there and what are they made from? How much salt are you using in your soaks. To echo the above never use soap.

Yes you can post pics.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by orjasmic View Post
    .... is also moving a little diagonal .... I'm scared that it's gonna migrate...
    Moving = migration.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's rejecting though. Take a picture of it (even if you don't show us) and use that as a baseline for comparison so you'll be able to tell if it's moving more. If it moves forward (ie outwards) so that it becomes shallow, then you might want to think about retiring it. If you can see bar through skin take it out immediately.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

okay so no soap, but is the breast pain normal? like it hurts a lot sometimes, and it feels like its the actual tissue thats hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by orjasmic View Post
    okay so no soap, but is the breast pain normal? like it hurts a lot sometimes, and it feels like its the actual tissue thats hurting.
    It's possible but I'd say consider other things with that, keep a diary, does it happen at a certain time of the month? Are you on hormone based contraception that could also be giving you breast pain etc? If worried see a doctor.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

My vertical nip was pierced almost a year ago and the swellings only now noticeably gone.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Okay so once my post count is up to 20 I'll post a picture of what it looks like today..... I dont know if this is a keloid or not :'(

Unless you are prone to keloids it is rare that you would have one. You probably have hypertrophic scarring. There is a bump thread you can look through. That used to be in Hazel's sig and seems to have disappeared! I do believe it is stickied in the top of the aftercare section.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both

Here you go!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast