Thread: Micro Dermal Scarring...

Exclamation Micro Dermal Scarring...

Hello there.
    *I searched for a thread like this and could not find one, if it is a re-post in any way i apologize ahead of time.*

So i've been researching MD's a lot lately because i am thinking of getting 1-2 on my chest. However, I know eventually i WILL have to take them out (Sucks big time, i know). Now, i know pain tolerance and healing times are different for everyone and all that fun stuff but.... my main concern is REMOVAL. I expect some form of scar, small or large. I know many of you have had your own MD removal experiences and if possible i'd love to hear some of your stories and if you have a photo of your skin BEFORE/AFTER THE REMOVAL WAS FULLY HEALED (After preferably).

I'd like to visibly see others after they have removed it months later. I've looked up videos and what not but i feel I may get better results here. Your MD removal experiences are welcomed, pictures are highly encouraged!

Thanks a lot xox
    Piercings I currently have (14x)
    Left nostril
    Septum
    3x each lobe
    Industrial (right ear)
    Tragus (right ear)
    Rook (left ear)
    Conch (left ear)
    Tongue Web Frenulum
    Nipple (left)

dpack_1

I used to have 3 either side on my collar, now just have one either side. This is the scar left after about 18 months:

And if it's not obvious:

EDIT: it's worth noting i did these with a needle, using a punch may leave a bigger, more noticeable scar as it's actually removing tissue rather than just creating an incision and placing the jewellery around it. Any time tissue is actually removed it's harder to heal.

This is helpful to me actually because I'm thinking of having one removed after months of issues and no improvement. The scarring on yours looks minimal Darren so that's good, however all 3 of mine were done with a punch... Which 2 years ago when I had them done, I didn't know was a bad thing so mine could potentially be worse :/
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Thank you, i appreciate your reply. Yours healed so well. Thanks!
    Piercings I currently have (14x)
    Left nostril
    Septum
    3x each lobe
    Industrial (right ear)
    Tragus (right ear)
    Rook (left ear)
    Conch (left ear)
    Tongue Web Frenulum
    Nipple (left)

I didn't get mine removed as such, I fell down some stairs and basically knocked it out! It's on my lower back so hopefully you can sort of imagine how that happened - it was about 2 1/2 months ago. It was pretty happy until that incident but I'm getting it replaced which is good news. Below is a picture of the mark left (have linked it because it seems rather large!), it was done with a punch couple of years ago and to be honest I don't think it's particularly bad, it just looks like a small spot really.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps8fe40a20.jpg
    4 x Lobes
    2 x MDs Lower Back
    Navel + Inverse Navel
    4 x Surface Hips
    3 x Left Inner Conch
    3x Left Outer Conch
    Right Rook
    2 x Right Conch
    Right Helix
    Septum
    Orchid Tattoo Ribs + Disney Tattoo Thigh