Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you get a lip piercing back in?

Default How do you get a lip piercing back in?

As of this post its literally been out only 2 hours (because I had to go to the dentist) and now its impossible to get back in.

I'm trying from the outside (the hole not in my mouth) and it goes in a little but no further and when I try to push it through it hurts, badly, I feel like if I kept pushing the pain would make me dizzy.

I'm looking at that closeup of my face I posted earlier as a guide and it doesn't matter which way I push it hurts soooo bad. But it never hurt while it was in... -_-

Advice please...? I would rather not have to go get it peirced again -_-
    Last edited by Culbrelai; 01-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.

dpack_1

How old is the piercing? If it was less than a year or more then there is a high chance you wont get it back in.

Its from october 15th and lol there is no way in hell I am going through getting it peirced again ill just drink a six pack and force it...

any other advice ...:L
    Last edited by Culbrelai; 01-23-2013 at 08:34 PM.

dpack_1

Yeah, don't force it. You're honestly better off getting it re-pierced or at least going to a piercer that can use an insertion pin to get thing thing back in. The longer you leave it out the worse it will get.

If you are literally going to go and get drunk and force it then i look forward to rolling my eyes at the next thread you start about how badly you lip is hurting and swollen and the jewellery is embedding.

wth, I have some wire that I cleaned with hand sanitizer and pushed it right through the hole even with that little "pop" sound... so why the hell wont the ring go in -_-

You are not sterilizing anything with hand sanitizer. And the jewelry won't go in because it's probably thicker than the wire.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Culbrelai View Post
    wth, I have some wire that I cleaned with hand sanitizer and pushed it right through the hole even with that little "pop" sound... so why the hell wont the ring go in -_-
    I.. what.. don't do that. The wire may have gone through because it's a smaller gauge. Do you own a taper in the same gauge as your jewellery that you could use? Failing that do what Darren suggested and have a piercer taper it back open for you. The sooner the better since it's still fairly new.
    0g lobes, 8g conch, rook, daith, double helix
    indecisive septum is indecisive

This is why you should go to a piercer and have them taper it back in. The hole's too small for the jewelry you're using.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

^Tbh with an oral piercing even with taper you haven't got a hope of getting jewellery back in. I can simply echo all of Darren's advice.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I can actually see when I push the peircing to where it hurts the white part (cells?) the hole that the wire made. Need to find bigger wire I guess ... I aint payin another $60 is all I know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast