Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: different reactions

Default different reactions

Round February last year I pierced my right lobe solely for stretching,not had any probs with and it stretched a treat.Have a 20mm tunnel in it.
    My left lobe I had pierced some 30 years ago,stretching it's been difficult ,always had probs with it weeping etc.Got to 18mm with it and have since had to take it out.At the mo it has a 5mm tunnel now and 2mm surgical steel horseshoe in different site,Which I'm gonna have to take out as it's been weeping a bit as well.
    Does anyone else have this prob ,it seems now that the only material my left lobe will accept is titanium!I did try silicon but even that affects my skin but only in the left one.
    Piercings: both eyebrows 2 in left 2 in right,right lobe 20mm,left lobe 14mm tunnel.Tongue.
    right nostril,nose bridge.
    Retired
    : 2x labret.
    Tattoos: 9,all on hands and forearms mainly dragons and serpents

Have you tried glass? You can have localised reactions to steel yes. Sillicone isnt good for weepy/unhealed lobes. Best to stick to ti or glass if you're having troubles

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard110 View Post
    Round February last year I pierced my right lobe solely for stretching,not had any probs with and it stretched a treat.Have a 20mm tunnel in it.
    My left lobe I had pierced some 30 years ago,stretching it's been difficult ,always had probs with it weeping etc.Got to 18mm with it and have since had to take it out.At the mo it has a 5mm tunnel now and 2mm surgical steel horseshoe in different site,Which I'm gonna have to take out as it's been weeping a bit as well.
    Does anyone else have this prob ,it seems now that the only material my left lobe will accept is titanium!I did try silicon but even that affects my skin but only in the left one.

So in less than a year you have had a new piercing, and stretched that piercing to 20mm??

If you started stretching the other around the same time I'm not surprised its playing up, and surprised the other hasn't.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Doh I missed that bit, I just saw the pierced 30 years ago bit :p *brain fail*

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Doh I missed that bit, I just saw the pierced 30 years ago bit :p *brain fail*
    Heh, had to triple read it to make sure I wasn't reading wrong. Let's blame the snow for slight brain-lag!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    So in less than a year you have had a new piercing, and stretched that piercing to 20mm??

If you started stretching the other around the same time I'm not surprised its playing up, and surprised the other hasn't.
    Am not actualy sure when i started on the other but it was just a few weeks after.But no ,not one spot of trouble with the fresh one,just kept increasing the size by a mm or 2 every few weeks (2-3)...
    Piercings: both eyebrows 2 in left 2 in right,right lobe 20mm,left lobe 14mm tunnel.Tongue.
    Retired

Wow that's dangerously fast.

You're supposed to wait til 6 months after full healing (so MINIMUM 8 months for a lobe piercing) before even thinking about stretching. Then wait at least a month between sizes.

Some places will say wait even longer than that.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Wow that's dangerously fast.

You're supposed to wait til 6 months after full healing (so MINIMUM 8 months for a lobe piercing) before even thinking about stretching. Then wait at least a month between sizes.

Some places will say wait even longer than that.
    Either way lol it worked for me until i changed the type of tunnels ,more the point of my post was how differently certain parts of the body won't accept certain materials where others will ..ie the 20mm is perfect and no trubs at all ,I've had steel ,plastic ,titanium,silicon tunnels and no reaction ..
    Retired

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

i get that as well and its happened to my sister - one tragus is fine, the other one lives to cause her pain :0 You may just have to live a life of non-matching tunnels
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

You're both missing the point by so much that I feel this will be wasted, but worth a shot.

Have a read of this http://forums.bodyartforms.com/showt...ching-too-easy

You're basically stretching as good as raw skin as you didn't leave it long enough to heal after the piercing You did it way to fast and will probably result in a random blow-out down the line. I would be interested to see the state of your lobes with no jewellery.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast