Thread: Nipple piercing bump!! HELP PICS INCLUDED

Default Nipple piercing bump!! HELP PICS INCLUDED

Hi guys! I got my left nipple pierced on nov 7 2012. Im still in the healing process and i get this little bump on one side of my piercing. Sometimes it has white stuff (pus) and it hurts a little until i pop it. Then white stuff comes out and maybe just a little blood. Then it goes back to normal and it starts over again :( i have included some pictures of how it looks right now. I normally clean it in the morning and at night. I put disinfectant on it and isodine. At night i do the same. Sometimes i do sea salt soaks but i notice they tend to make my skin dry, can anyone pleaaaase help? Oh and i only get these little bumps on my left side . My right side is great
    Last edited by ilovepiercings8; 01-20-2013 at 03:48 PM.

First things first, please stop with the disinfectant and iodine. They'll only make it worse and are the most likely cause of irritation, especially in an already sensitive place. Sea salt soaks are fine but I'm guessing you don't rinse with plain water afterwards? That will be why it makes the skin dry OR another reason is you may be using too much salt (just need 1/4 teaspoon salt to 250ml water).

Do you know what material the bar is? I must admit I'm not sure if a curved bar wil affect the healing at all, nipples are generally done with straight bars but hopefully someone else will know more.

Also do bear in mind that it's still very early days, nipples can take well over a year to heal. Hope this helps!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Also, please link your pictures instead of just posting them, this is a family friendly forum with a lot of young members.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by MissSherwood89 View Post
    First things first, please stop with the disinfectant and iodine. They'll only make it worse and are the most likely cause of irritation, especially in an already sensitive place. Sea salt soaks are fine but I'm guessing you don't rinse with plain water afterwards? That will be why it makes the skin dry OR another reason is you may be using too much salt (just need 1/4 teaspoon salt to 250ml water).

Do you know what material the bar is? I must admit I'm not sure if a curved bar wil affect the healing at all, nipples are generally done with straight bars but hopefully someone else will know more.

Also do bear in mind that it's still very early days, nipples can take well over a year to heal. Hope this helps!

Thankyouu! How helpful did you experience any of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepiercings8 View Post
    I reckon anyone would have bumps or irritation after putting all that stuff on it, just rinse them in the shower or at most do SSS as mentioned above.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by ilovepiercings8 View Post
    Mine hasn't really done anything since I got it however it does still lymph a bit even though it's been almost 3 years. I've just left it alone, over the first 18 months or so it still ached now and then but apart from that it's very uneventful!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Last edited by aikenha5; 02-04-2016 at 06:48 AM.